Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
Switch
dadbod

Default I'm Starting School Tomorrow

For my Master of Science....

I'm kinda nervous. Anyone done online schoolin' before?
Old 10-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

No. But good luck.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
Switch
dadbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
No. But good luck.
Thanks man.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:20 PM   #4
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Makes hard classes harder and easy classes easier. But really comes down to the individual professors course layout.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:44 PM   #5
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I started an online Abnormal Psych class a couple of weeks ago but quit it because I couldn't stand it. Not that it was hard but I felt it was more time consuming than actually going to class. They wanted me to write in a blog, do write in assignments, write on a discussion board, online quizzes, online tests, and interact with other fucks on an online forum. Which I found pretty fucking difficult thanks to TWFix. I kept wanting to say "fuck you, your kid is a god damn dumbass and because your kid doesn't do what highly educated doctors of psych say a kid does, doesn't mean you proved these people wrong. Go fuck yourself you out of work housewife bitch". Fuck You Trip!

I thought it was going to be me reading my book, doing quizzes to see if I knew my work, and then doing a couple in school tests so they know I wasn't bullshitting. I'm an individual learner, not a group dick sucking discussion learner.

Luckily it has nothing to do with my major other than being a nice buffer for PA school. I took it because I was starting a new job and didn't know my schedule yet.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #6
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I started an on line Abnormal Psych class a couple of weeks ago but quit it because I couldn't stand it. Not that it was hard but I felt it was more time consuming than actually going to class. They wanted me to write in a blog, do write in assignments, write on a discussion board, on line quizzes, on line tests, and interact with other fucks on an on line forum. Which I found pretty fucking difficult thanks to TWFix. I kept wanting to say "fuck you, your kid is a god damn dumbass and because your kid doesn't do what highly educated doctors of psych say a kid does, doesn't mean you proved these people wrong. Go fuck yourself you out of work housewife bitch". Fuck You Trip!....
dude you crack me up.

What Master are you going for Bonesaw? MBA?

I've had a few on line college classes, but it really depends on the school/teacher, but mine were Engineering. Some of the classes are taped, then you view them on the net and email the instructor questions OR they can be live via a web cam. Depends on the time the class is..taped during the day and replayed for the night classes. I had my onlines at night. The tests were usually at the school itself or you email it to the instructor. True on line shit is emailed of course. Note..this is usually much HARDER because you get open book and open INTERNET. lol

The other way is what Smittie said, with people all circle jerking around, in some chat room. I've never had this, but I've heard it pretty much sucks because there is little structure to who says what.

Make sure that the on line school you are doing is ACCREDITED. Many on line are not.

Good luck.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 10-04-2010 at 12:13 AM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #7
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Yes.

Gotta be disciplined. You have to be able to force your nose in the book. Sometimes it really sucks, but it gives you the freedom to do homework whenever you want because mostly everything is due sunday nights at midnight. Quizes and tests are almost always multiple choice and timed. Like smittie said lots of discussion boards. Easy to medium classes can be cake, and require almost no time. Like he said, hard classes you just want to shoot yourself becuase you have no reinforcement other than the book you are staring blankly at. DONT take math or science classes online.

Will these be standard quarter, standard semester, or accelerated classes?
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:18 AM   #8
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Yes.

Gotta be disciplined. You have to be able to force your nose in the book. Sometimes it really sucks, but it gives you the freedom to do homework whenever you want because mostly everything is due sunday nights at midnight. Quizes and tests are almost always multiple choice and timed. Like smittie said lots of discussion boards. Easy to medium classes can be cake, and require almost no time. Like he said, hard classes you just want to shoot yourself becuase you have no reinforcement other than the book you are staring blankly at. DONT take math or science classes online.

Will these be standard quarter, standard semester, or accelerated classes?
Exactly, math and science online are suicide unless you can read your math book and take it all in and understand it.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:22 AM   #9
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

M. S. Don't matter unless you have a thesis

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #10
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesaw View Post
For my Master of Science....

I'm kinda nervous. Anyone done online schoolin' before?
Yes. Math classes are a fucking PITA, as we had to use Word to show all work. Formatting and inputing all of those symbols and functions and whatnot is a pain in the cock. I spent 4x as much time putting all of the shit into a Word document as I did originally solving the problems.

I asked my professors if I could just write all of the work on paper and scan it into a PDF and was told "No" each and every time.

Good luck.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote