Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man
Default Paintball

Its been a few years since I have played, but I went out today, maybe a little too gung-ho, wearing only a t-shirt. My chest doesnt have any welts, but my back and my ass is full of them, and more than a few that broke the skin. All in good fun I guess

Old 08-14-2010, 11:51 PM   #2
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Dude you have a marker? We gotta play sometime
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
Krypt Keeper
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR1100XX, Daytona 600

I always try to wear something a little thicker to soften the close up shots. 285 fps max and 20 ft rule at the field I go to. Mid summer temps always had me down to a t-shirt and no gloves. hand and knuckle shots hurt like a bitch, those who sneak up on you and get you in the back always seem to bonus ball you.
Krypt Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:24 AM   #4
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Back in HS my friends were all serious into paintball. Not so much speedball, but crazy ass brushball. A buddy has 400 some acres. His dad would tell one team to leave the house and walk in one direction. Then the other team would hop in his truck and would be dropped of on the other side of the ridge. You would march for about 20 minutes, and then all of the sudden everyone started to be a little cautious, and jump into formation. The best was the woods to plains transitions. You'd walk out into the middle of this waist deep plain, and you'd just know the other team beat you there and was waiting. Shit you woulda thought lead was about to start flying at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper View Post
I always try to wear something a little thicker to soften the close up shots. 285 fps max and 20 ft rule at the field I go to. Mid summer temps always had me down to a t-shirt and no gloves. hand and knuckle shots hurt like a bitch, those who sneak up on you and get you in the back always seem to bonus ball you.
We would always go to a surplus store and buy some old camo. I usually wear some camo pants and a camo ranger vest over a black long sleeve shirt. But nothing can help someone sneaking up 10 feet behind you....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:20 AM   #5
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper View Post
300fps no mercy kill rule (the refs were told to use common sense if someone shot too close.)

But yeh it hurt like a bitch. The gloves I wore, and didnt get hit too much in the front, just in the mask, gun and back
Old 08-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
Krypt Keeper
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR1100XX, Daytona 600

I prefer the concept field or woodsball. They have 3 speedball fields and while its fun to play the games are too quick. I love the stalk of being in the woods.

No 20ft rule applies to speedball or the 2 story castle they have on the concept field.

I normally wear sweats under some military BTU's but one the warm days its too hot sometimes for pants.
Krypt Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

Last time I played I got shot in the neck. I was not pleased...
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote