Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR
Default Badwater Ultramarathon

A couple weeks ago I watched a special on TV about this race. I was in awe that these people would want to do participate in such a race. These people look so elite and crazy.

For those that don't know here is what Badwater Ultramarathon is in a nutshell:

Quote:
Recognized globally as "the world's toughest foot race," this legendary event pits up to 90 of the world's toughest athletes—runners, triathletes, adventure racers, and mountaineers—against one another and the elements. Covering 135 miles (217km) non-stop from Death Valley to Mt. Whitney, CA in temperatures up to 130F (55c), it is the most demanding and extreme running race offered anywhere on the planet.
A couple weeks after I watched this show I found out that a lady that works at the running store where I buy my shoes did this race! I knew she was an awesome lady but this is icing on the cake. She has done other 100 mile races, many marathons, ironman, etc... and she is good, always finishing up front!

She has never run Badwater until this year, she was the 2nd female overall and 9th to cross the finish line of men and women. Simply amazing! I'm going on Monday to the store to listen to her speak about her experience. In the mean time, she is running a 100 mile race this weekend. I would think one would need more than 2 weeks recovery, guess not her.

Connie is truly and inspiration to me and others, even if we never have the desire to do such a race. It makes me think if she can do this, I can make it through whatever it is I want to do.

http://www.badwater.com/ for more information.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote