Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6
Question Is it okay to ask a friend?

My friend is going to doggie-sit for me while I am out of town. I am paying her (quite well) to stay with my dog. I got a credit card in her name, on my account - in case of an emergency.

I am a worrier, always think of "worst case scenario". I trust my friend and I highly doubt anything would happen, but is it rude to ask her to sign something stating the credit card is only for emergencies that are dog and/or townhouse related?
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Eh. Just report fruadulant charges.

Go to a convient store or walmart and get one of those visa/american express credit cards. You can put what ever amount on them and they act just like a credit card
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHell View Post
My friend is going to doggie-sit for me while I am out of town. I am paying her (quite well) to stay with my dog. I got a credit card in her name, on my account - in case of an emergency.

I am a worrier, always think of "worst case scenario". I trust my friend and I highly doubt anything would happen, but is it rude to ask her to sign something stating the credit card is only for emergencies that are dog and/or townhouse related?
Put it somewhere in the house, in a sealed envelope and tell her to contact you if anything happens. Then, and only then do you tell her where it is...
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #4
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Go to a convient store or walmart and get one of those visa/american express credit cards. You can put what ever amount on them and they act just like a credit card
I thought about that, but didn't want to front the money for the card and then be stuck with that card. Plus (again worst case) if she needed $1-$2k for a vet bill, I'd want it to be available to her.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
Slowpoke
Kneedragger

Moto: F650GS

I think that's nice of you to plan ahead like that, but very unusual. I would definately have her sign something if your giving her a credit card. Not sure I would even give one of my sisters a credit card of mine. If an emergency does come up you could always give your info over the phone to someone who needs it.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #6
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Put it somewhere in the house, in a sealed envelope and tell her to contact you if anything happens. Then, and only then do you tell her where it is...
That's a great idea!

I had a friend who had someone cat-sitting, that she gave "emergency money", the sitter spent the money and left the cat home alone for days.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
I think that's nice of you to plan ahead like that, but very unusual. I would definately have her sign something if your giving her a credit card. Not sure I would even give one of my sisters a credit card of mine. If an emergency does come up you could always give your info over the phone to someone who needs it.
I should call the 2 vets and see if they will accept it over the phone. Some places these days won't accept CC numbers over the phone.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #8
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I think this is a good idea.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #9
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Totally not what I was hoping for with a title like 'Is it ok to ask a friend'....

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #10
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

I may be the anomaly here. How good a friend is she? Have you known her a long time?

If she's not *that* good a friend that you would automatically trust her with your CC, why would you trust her with your dog?

I would trust my best friend with my life, and everything down from there. If we were in your situation, it wouldn't even need to be said. Things would be taken care of and we would square up with each other later.