Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB
Default Medicare Fraud.... Wonderful.

About once a month, I see a drug councillor, have been for 2 1/2 years now. She's really french, so I dont understand much of what she says, but she's also hot, so I like looking at her while she says stuff I dont understand. Anyway, thats besides the point of this thread.

I go in this morning, and when I get to her office, theres another male councillor there. They sat me down and explained that they got a flag on their system, saying that on June 17th of last year, while in detox, I was violent and caused a lot of problems, assaulting a worker at the detox center in Miramichi, NB, and was kicked out. They also explained that because of this, councillors now have to meet me in pairs, in case there are problems.

Now, first of all, the last time I was in a detox center, was november of 2007. I explained that to them. But the second major point I had, was that on June 8th of last year, I was hospitalized for 3rd degree burns to my left leg, and had three different surgeries before I was released, on the 22nd of June, 2009. My councillor knew this.

During this time, I couldnt leave the hospital, couldn't walk, and definately couldn't have been in a detox center 75 miles from the hospital I was in (I had a hard time to wheel myself outside for a pipe load). They immediately called the hospital I was in to confirm this, and voila, im no longer a violent offender. But now i've got someone attending a detox center under my name, and no idea who.

All detox centers in the province take pictures when you check in, for an ID card. But its going to require me signing papers to get those files, and get a picture of the person claiming to be me, and using my medicare number, sent to my councillors boss at the Drug and Detox Health Authority. Then they'll try to find out who it is, and press charges.

The fucked up thing is this. Detox is free, anyone can go, all they need is a current medicare card. Medicare is also free. Everyone in Canada gets one of these cards, issued every 4 years (I think its 4 anyway). Why would anyone need to use my number? Unless its an illegal citizen, which doesnt happen much up here, they would really have no use for my medicare number.

Fucked up situation all around. I've been advised to get a copy of my credit report to see if there are any other oddities, and to sign a release form to allow them to check to see if there was anywhere else my card was used without my knowing.

Just an odd situation. As long as my medicare is all they have, they cant harm me much, but still fucked up to find out people are using my medicare to go to detox, and having me branded as a violent offender.

I should know more next week.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

It could be a dealer or junkie with several different numbers going to several different clincs to get free drugs under several different names.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

It's probably somebody you know...
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Yep, especially with you in the hospital at the time, they could do it easier.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Could be a clerical error too. Just lookin for a "better" alternative.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
AquaPython
put it THIS way

shit he is on to me
Old 03-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Ya, I dont doubt that one bit. My car was also at the smelter for over a week before my old man picked it up. It was unlocked (I never lock my car) the whole time. My wallet was in the car, but nothing was missing. Nine days after I got hurt, it happened. So its a good chance it was someone at work who used it, or who gave/sold/traded it for drugs with a dealer they knew.

I cant see it being a dealer though, cuz I imagine the last place they'd go looking for drugs is in a detox center. Not like their getting anywhere near the metadone.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #8
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Hell, I didn't even know that there was a drug problem in Canada...seriously, NO. CLUE. I didn't even think you all smoked weed.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #9
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
I didn't even think you all smoked weed.
Jesus christ man! We grow the best weed in the world, and its one of our biggest national exports

And thats not even a little bit of a joke.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #10
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Jesus christ man! We grow the best weed in the world, and its one of our biggest national exports

And thats not even a little bit of a joke.
I thought you all just drank beer...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hoser.jpg (24.6 KB, 68 views)
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote