AquaPython
put it THIS way

Default Bing cash back + ebay

anyone use this combo?

i can't get it to work just right. looking for experiences
Old 03-17-2010, 04:27 PM   #2
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

I just bought a laptop on ebay, and have $200 cashback 'pending' in my account. The fine print says it will be 'mailed or deposited' within 42 days - interesting, since they have neither my address or bank acct info.... I gotta look into it further - the initial deal didn't say shit about waiting 6 weeks, and it has an almost shady feel after seeing the 'pending' info.

Oh - I didn't have any issue w/ the initial signup/search/purchase procedure.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
AquaPython
put it THIS way

well i have used BCB before, it works, and yes you have to wait 60 days in most cases.

my thing is that ebay says the cash back amount should show at the top of the item listing and then again on the summary page after you click buy-it-now (only auction it is valid for). also, if you click into ebay from bing, does it have to be that item, or are you free to get any valid item within the hour?
Old 03-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
goof2
AMA Supersport

It looks like they changed it around some. Now it doesn't show cashback until you are on the purchase review page after selecting buy it now. It does seem to show a small "microsoft cashback" ribbon at the top of a listing.

Once you initiate an ebay session from bing you should be able to get that same cashback percentage on any item that is "buy it now", but you also have to pay with paypal. After whatever waiting period exists is over they deposit the cashback in to your paypal account which they have from your transaction.

You also need to have signed up for a windows live account. You can track your cashback in that account. The website is cashbackaccount.bing.com and enter your windows live ID. That should bring you to your cashback summary.

I have used it before when it was at 25% cashback. At that time I had to wait something like 75 days for the cashback to be deposited. Once it shows the money has been "rewarded" you can transfer it from your paypal account in to whatever account you have paypal linked to.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Can someone explain bing cashback to me?
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #6
goof2
AMA Supersport

http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/faq.aspx?FORM=R5FD3

The basics.

1. Search for something common on bing.com (wii, ipod, ps3, etc.). One of the top links will be to ebay saying something about "You may get X% (almost always 8% now) off with Paypal if eligible" with a dollar sign coin. If the first search doesn't work try one of the others.

2. Click that link which will take you to ebay with listings for whatever you searched.

3. At that point you have an hour to buy whatever you want on ebay. You are not limited to products in the original bing search.

4. Make sure at checkout it says something about cashback.

5. To qualify for cashback your purchase must be "buy it now", you must pay through Paypal, and you need to have a Microsoft Live ID.

6. After some time (anywhere from a couple days to 3 months) the originally listed percentage of your purchase will be placed in your cashback account at Microsoft Live/Bing. You can then move it in to your Paypal account and wherever you want from there.

That is the very basics. There is a bunch of other restrictions and stuff to it listed at the link I posted above.

Last edited by goof2; 03-17-2010 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 03-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

I read all that. So its not some kind of "credit card" gimmick thing?
Old 03-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I read all that. So its not some kind of "credit card" gimmick thing?
No, no gimmick. I have used it a couple times with no downside. The only shit thing is I used it the first time around a year and a half ago. At that time the percentage varied and could go up to 30%. Soon after that it came up as 8% every time.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
AquaPython
put it THIS way

ebay i think is set at 8%, but different sites/ products have varying %s.
by the way now for ebay there is instant cash back program. no 60 day wait. i didn't see the reason not to add that to my bing acct for free.'
it's a good tool for finding the best overall deal, or combining already good deals with x% cash back. doesnt always work out to be the best deal, but maybe 50% of my big purchases in the last year was through this.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #10
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Ok. I joined bing and fast cash back blah blah. Here's my search for my item I want. What do I do now?

http://www.bing.com/shopping/ASUS-G7...20g73jh-a1&p1=[CommerceService%20scenario%3d%22o%22%20docid%3d%22 D3A40623106CEF060001%22%20a%3d%22pa%22]&wf=Commerce&FORM=ENCA0

I pay full price, then get the cash back?