Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Default Ipod Touch users?

Can you add album covers to a touch without putting Itunes on your computer? I have my brothers Touch (the one that is in the hospital) and it doesn't have any covers on it. I want to add covers to it but don't want to add Itunes to my laptop and his laptop is still out west. I think it would be a nice surprise for him when he is up and around.

Also if I had to put Itunes on this computer to do it is there a way I can do it without it adding my songs or erasing his?

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

not that I'm aware of... if anyone is aware of how I'd be interested as well.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

I don't know about adding covers without itunes, but if you load itunes you can set what directory to use for music. It will default to personal folders-music for the profile you load it on but you can change it to where ever you have the tunes. Also don't let it "search" for music to add and it shouldn't add yours.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
I don't know about adding covers without itunes, but if you load itunes you can set what directory to use for music. It will default to personal folders-music for the profile you load it on but you can change it to where ever you have the tunes. Also don't let it "search" for music to add and it shouldn't add yours.
Now what about the music that is on his player? I won't have a lot of it on my computer. I don't want it to erase any of his music. Will it just copy it to Itunes?

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 01-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

No, it'll want to sync to his library. Try a program like iDump, it'll pull the music off his iPod and put it on your computer. You can put it in iTunes, fix his little red wagon, then do whatever with the files after that. He'll just have to do the same thing later on his laptop but it'll be easy.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:46 PM   #6
ericr

Load itunes and make and set a folder for it to use, then sync his ipod and it will put it all in that folder. You can always delete his stuff later.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Load itunes and make and set a folder for it to use, then sync his ipod and it will put it all in that folder. You can always delete his stuff later.
Will this affect his itunes? He's dealing with enough, I hate to see him have to fix his itunes. And if it will work fine with his itunes will it just transfer his new covers over? He has a lot of the music he has on cd so why didn't it put on the covers? Is this an itunes problem or him having the wrong settings when putting on his music?

James
Old 01-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #8
ericr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Will this affect his itunes? He's dealing with enough, I hate to see him have to fix his itunes. And if it will work fine with his itunes will it just transfer his new covers over? He has a lot of the music he has on cd so why didn't it put on the covers? Is this an itunes problem or him having the wrong settings when putting on his music?

James
I think when he re-syncs with his itunes it will be ok and add teh new stuff to his, but not positive. I've not synced my phone on 2 different pc's myself so I'm just not sure. Not having covers can happen some with music not purchased off itunes. None of my music came from itunes so I've had to search the internet for some, copy the cover art, put it all in a folder and then add it to each album that didn't come up by itself. It can be a pain, I just did it when I was bored till I got them all.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #9
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I think when he re-syncs with his itunes it will be ok and add teh new stuff to his, but not positive. I've not synced my phone on 2 different pc's myself so I'm just not sure. Not having covers can happen some with music not purchased off itunes. None of my music came from itunes so I've had to search the internet for some, copy the cover art, put it all in a folder and then add it to each album that didn't come up by itself. It can be a pain, I just did it when I was bored till I got them all.
When I loaded my cds to my laptop all (about 70 or so) but one had covers. I loaded them on using windows media player.

James
Old 01-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #10
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post

James
I don't know about the new version, but with the old version (7.whatever) of Itunes the default setting was to not add covers. Once I changed that I believe it asked if I wanted it to search for covers for the songs I already had (none were bought through itunes, but all were tagged). It didn't find them for every song I had, but it was able to locate most of them.

I can't offer anything about how to do it on your computer without screwing up his or your music.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote