Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-03-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N
Default R.I.P. Mr. Kitty

Well I was woken up with the phrase, "Get your clothes on. Mr kitty is in the street hut." Well Mr. Kitty was hurt but he wasn't alive. Somebody hit him and I wouldn't be surprised if they aimed at him. A lot of asshole guys drive like dipshits down these rural streets fast so they can hear their shitty dual exhaust. Someday they're gonna hit a kid and hopefully they'll get ass raped the rest of their lives.

Anyways. The story is Mr. Kitty lived next door to me with an elder man. His wife dies 2-3 years ago and he was doing fine living by himself. Well eventually he stopped taking care of himself (who knows for how long) and my neighbor across the street noticed he wasnt coming out to get his paper so he called the emt's. He was inside just watching tv but they could tell he wasn't doing much else. The only son that comes and sees him took him to Dallas I believe. He had two cats. One hairy one that I saw once and took off never to be seen again (inside cat). The other was Mr. Kitty (I named him Mr Kitty after southpark), a fat white cat.

Fat, lazy, and sleeped a lot, but to my surprise he could still jump a fence and get out of trouble. He was hard of hearing I think. Sometimes he'd hear you getting his attention and the other time you'd have to clap really loud. His eyes worked fine cause he sure as hell knew what the red cup meant.

It sucks not having the power to figure out who did it, but that's life. Maybe someday I can smack the person over the head with my fiberglass sledge hammer handle I keep in my vehicle. I was thinking about putting a big sign out there that read, "Just wanna thank the person that ran over my daughter's cat. She really appreciates it."
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Sorry man, it sucks to lose a friend.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I'm honestly sorry man but sometimes I'd like to stop and leave notes to the dumb asses that let their fucking pets roam free. Um something like, "Thanks for almost getting me and my entire family killed trying to avoid hitting your fucking dog!" I wrecked a rim on a car hitting a curb to avoid a dog and cracked some plastic on a bike hitting a cat. I can't count how many times I've had to dodge pets in the road. Again, I'm sorry about the cat, but if you left a sign out like that, I'd put one under it saying, "Well maybe next time she'll keep her fucking cat in the house!"
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'm honestly sorry man but sometimes I'd like to stop and leave notes to the dumb asses that let their fucking pets roam free. Um something like, "Thanks for almost getting me and my entire family killed trying to avoid hitting your fucking dog!" I wrecked a rim on a car hitting a curb to avoid a dog and cracked some plastic on a bike hitting a cat. I can't count how many times I've had to dodge pets in the road. Again, I'm sorry about the cat, but if you left a sign out like that, I'd put one under it saying, "Well maybe next time she'll keep her fucking cat in the house!"
He's not an inside cat.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
He's not an inside cat.
Yea I understand that but then how is it a pet? I don't know but there has got to be a way of keeping pets out of the street. I mean really, how is it my responsibility to keep your pets (and kids for that matter) safe if you're going to let them hang out in the road? I'm not saying that anyone should purposely run over an animal but I've definitely learned my lesson about swerving to miss them. I'm sure that you would have rather been awakened by your so telling you that a mini van hit a tree out front and the mother and a 3 year old little girl was killed, right?
Old 01-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea I understand that but then how is it a pet? I don't know but there has got to be a way of keeping pets out of the street. I mean really, how is it my responsibility to keep your pets (and kids for that matter) safe if you're going to let them hang out in the road? I'm not saying that anyone should purposely run over an animal but I've definitely learned my lesson about swerving to miss them. I'm sure that you would have rather been awakened by your so telling you that a mini van hit a tree out front and the mother and a 3 year old little girl was killed, right?

Just stop posting Tigger. You are once again showing everyone what a douche you are. I can't keep pets out of the street just as I can't keep idiots off of motorcycles.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Just stop posting Tigger. You are once again showing everyone what a douche you are. I can't keep pets out of the street just as I can't keep idiots off of motorcycles.
Right but what would you have had the driver do differently? You came out against the person that hit the cat as if they were totally at fault. I once saw a lady sob for over an hour over hitting some stranger's dog in the road. You demonized the driver and even accused them of doing it on purpose when it would have never happened if someone had taken care of the poor cat and not have allowed it to roam around loose. BTW it's my understanding that cats can be kept indoors, perhaps I'm mistaken.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #8
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

I am sorry for your loss.

and regarding Tig's posts. Wow. Just wow. Talk about being a douche.

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #9
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakel View Post
I am sorry for your loss.

and regarding Tig's posts. Wow. Just wow. Talk about being a douche.
Hey yea about that... I thought being a "douche" involved buying high dollar items and wearing particular brands of clothing. This would fall more under the "asshole" heading in my opinion. I'm just asshole enough to care more about property and human life than I do about some negligent neighbor's cat.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Tigger, did you miss the part about assholes driving like dipshits down that road? Our cats roam outside sometimes, and if they get run down by someone who's actually driving the speed limit, so be it. But since most of the people driving down our street are idiots who drive way too fast, I'm probably gonna guess it was one of them.

What's ironic is that most of them are parents taking their kids to the middle school around the corner. You'd think they'd be smarter than speeding down a residential street.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote