Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R
Default Garbage pick up..

The waste management in this city is a joke. You get pick up weekly, but it alternates. One week is recycling, the next week is garbage.

They have all kinds of stupid rules about bundling certain paper, and clear bags for paper, blue bags for plastic. It's g'damn ridiculous. Sometimes you run out of blue bags, so you put your plastic out in a clear bag or vice versa. Both of those bags are completely see through, but they'll leave them behind because "fuck you if you don't have enough bags.".

The solution? Whatever recycling they leave behind goes into a garbage bag and out to the street on garbage day the next week. Way to fuck your own program because you hire aretards who can't distinguish between either.

Fuck you and a happy new year Waste Management..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Some cities around LA have both Green and Black garbage cans for recycle material and garbage. Come to find out, that all the shit goes in the same dump and is weeded through by hand or machines anyway. One dude at the Waste Management collection place (where you take your cans to get back the CA refund) told me it's all weeded through again anyways so there is really no reason to separate shit out.

But yeah your system is fucked up....imagine all the wasted blue and clear bags....

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

News paper goes in a shopping bag. But excess shopping bags go into one shopping bag and then into a blue bag.

Boxboard/cardboard goes into the compost. But, Corrugated cardboard is folded flat and bundled.

If I could fit the sheet of rules onto my scanner, I'd scan it..

And before somebody says, "it only takes a few minutes.." It took me over half hour to sort all of that shit and "break it down" into their respective little piles.

I'm tempted to stop recycling altogether..
Old 01-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Just go dump your shit behind the kwiky mart. LOL
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

I've thought about how awesome it would be to go around and pick up the rejected stuff and drop it at their headquarters..
Old 01-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I've thought about how awesome it would be to go around and pick up the rejected stuff and drop it at their headquarters..
cardboard here has to be cut in in 16"x16" squares then tied in a bundle no taller than 16" by twine. I learned this over a 4 week period by getting rejected weekly with a new note telling me a new way to do it each week. After the last rejection I loaded all of my cardboard, as well as a few dozen boxes I found at the office and neighboring offices and took it all down to the Waste Management office.

I put it all in the back of my pickup (with camper shell ) and just before I turned into the parking lot I duct taped my tag, dropped the tailgate and opened the camper top lid and drove to the front door. I backed up to the door at a good pace them slammed the brakes.....about 90% of the boxes flew out of the back of the truck and I took off.

Didn't solve my problem, but I felt a lot better doing that
Old 01-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #7
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

I love Kansas City. You can put a out a whole couch and they take it.

They have scavengers that come by and take anything of value before the garbage trucks get there. Capitalism at its best.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #8
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I just throw everything out in one big black bag. Screw recycling
Old 01-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #9
tommymac
Moto GP Star

We have had the same problem since we moved in. In my old town I could leave a body by the curb and they would take it. Now if its not all perfect it gets left behind, kinda like their christmas tip this year

Neighbors said theyre primadonnas witht he shit they do and dont do here so I didnt feel quite as bad after hearing that.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #10
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

What you do is make a half stack, piss on top piece, then stack the rest on top.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote