Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
buzzcutt2
Fuzznutz

Moto: 98 ZX9
Default NC ski trip

Interesting vacation...

I was at my brothers in GA and his family and other friends decide to rent a place in NC to do some skiing. It is about a 6 hour drive or so from his place...half way up they called and told us there is no power at the cabin and they didn't know when it would be back on - also that they can't control mother nature and no refund is available. We decided to do it. Luckily it was still daylight when we got here...lots of trees down from the ice. We ran into walmart to get candles and flashlight - they were completely out of flashlights and lanterns. So we bought some candles and started drinking...still no power yet this morning, I doubt there will be any until we leave on Tuesday. Luckily we brought sleeping bags...it wasn't to bad overnight even thought it got down to 20 or so.

Just thought I would share...this a different experience for a Florida boy (no power is usually from the hurricanes and it is 80 degrees, not 20).

Anyone else in the Boone/Blowing Rock area?
buzzcutt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I'm about a 2 hour drive from there but didn't get the ice. Ice SUCKS !!

Actually so does the skiing in NC. I guess it's good when compared to Georgia and Florida though.

I have to admit though...doesn't sound like much of a good vacation...to be up there now with no power and icy conditions.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
buzzcutt2
Fuzznutz

Moto: 98 ZX9

This is my first trip boarding on the east coast...definitely not like out west. Oh well...with friends and family makes it a good time. Still no power btw
buzzcutt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Yeah-my brother is down there. lotsa ice he says. And NC skiing is even pathetic compared to PA skiing