Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
m0n1
Street Stunter

Moto: 07 R1
Default my buddy just got arrested...

heres the story:

about 3 weeks ago, my friend calls me and tells me a story of how there is this motorcycle siting in a parking structure in Beverly hills for about 14 months. he goes to tell me the manager of the structure said to take it and do a lien sale cause if he tells the owner, the owner will do the lien sale on it and the owner is a prick. he asks me if he can store it in my garage until the lien sale goes through, what ever i have the room. he picks it up, brings it over and I'm looking over the bike, 2003 Honda 900. no major damage, steering is locked, so there was once a key...cobwebs and leaky forks. as were moving the bike i look at the tires and you can see where its been sitting, plus the dust all over.

so today, he picks it up, takes it to a local dealer, they take the ignition off he takes it to get a key made. about 3PM i pull into my driveway, and he's there trying to put the ignition back on. we're talking, and he tells me the bike runs good, and he took it around the block. NO HELMET, NO SHIRT! i tell him he is a jackass and that at least wear a helmet, wasn't going to loan him mine though. anyway, he tells me the clutch lever feels weird so i adjust it a little and asks him how it feels. he tries it out and wants to take it out again. I'm standing there trying to convince him that the way it feels now is how its gonna be when its on the road and to just put the bike away. doesn't listen and starts to roll the bike into the street..NO HELMET NO SHIRT... i hear the bike zoom up and down the street and I'm waiting for him to come back. 15 mins pass so fuck it I'm going inside too damn hot to wait. about 5 mins after that, i hear voices and i look out the window to see my neighbor and 4 cops standing in MY driveway. WTF i run out through my garage and stand there trying to figure out whats going on.
officer 1: "you know the owner of this truck?" as he looks past me into my garage at my bikes.
officer 2: "you gonna run the plates on those two bikes.
me: "yeah i know him, those are mine, want the registration?"
officer 1: "nah, I'll just run the plates" walking into my garage.

whatever, i know my shit is not stolen. i didn't say anything about him going in cause my buddy probably told them that it was being kept there and the police aren't hassling me about storing stolen property. we try to tell him what we know and show him the lien sale paperwork, but they don't care. all they know is that the bike has been reported stolen and my friend was on it.

I'm just glad they let me switch out my boots he had on for his tennis shoes.
we were talking about gear and what he should look at getting, offered to let him walk in my boots to see how they feel. ICON FTW!

530PM bail is 35000.00
detectives wont look at the paperwork till Monday.

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war." –Douglas MacArthur
“Our job as citizens also includes backing our president when he makes a decision, whether we like that decision or not,"- Damion Maynard
m0n1 is offline   Reply With Quote