Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
Rider
Moto GP Star

Default Visor fogging up

So it was 50 when I left for work this morning and my visor kept fogging up pretty bad. I have a breath guard on my helmet, but it still fogs up. It seems to be getting worse because it didn't used to do it this bad.

Is there some product I can put inside my shield to eliminate the fogging? I don't want to hear any "I heard that.." or "My friend's cousin uses..." I want to hear first hand experiences what works.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

yes they make inserts. They also make spray. They also make anti fog face shields.

but honestly, whats wrong with just crackin the visor?
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
yes they make inserts. They also make spray. They also make anti fog face shields.

but honestly, whats wrong with just cracking the visor?
Doesn't work really. Not cracking the visor, I need to fully open it ant red lights.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

There's anti fog stuff they have at Cycle gear that works, I think they also have it in individual wipes, so you can carry them with you.

I've used it, but it's something you have to reapply, so I end up just crackin the visor (and dealing with my eyes watering )...

Anti fog visors FTW!! (now if only my Arai had one)
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #5
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I know you don't want to hear it, but GM and others at TWF used to swear by Cat Crap... I've read multiple articles praising it too.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #6
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

I have Zooke's wax I picked up at the Cycle World show. The spray works okay for cleaning, but doesn't help with fogging. The wax is great for fogging! Blue stuff, you apply it exactly the same you would on a car. Spread, dry, buff.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:35 PM   #7
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
So it was 50 when I left for work this morning and my visor kept fogging up pretty bad. I have a breath guard on my helmet, but it still fogs up. It seems to be getting worse because it didn't used to do it this bad.

Is there some product I can put inside my shield to eliminate the fogging? I don't want to hear any "I heard that.." or "My friend's cousin uses..." I want to hear first hand experiences what works.
I have the fog city insert in my helmet... works fucking bad ass! the only problems i see is since it sticks to the inside of the visor... when you open your visor it catches the helmet a bit and can make opening it a pain till you get used to it.

but the fog free works AWESOME... and it tints automatically with the increase/decrease of light available... it's pretty quick too

this is the only pic I have of it
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #8
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I have the fog city insert in my helmet... works fucking bad ass! the only problems i see is since it sticks to the inside of the visor... when you open your visor it catches the helmet a bit and can make opening it a pain till you get used to it.

but the fog free works AWESOME... and it tints automatically with the increase/decrease of light available... it's pretty quick too
http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1520

These are WONDERFUL. I keep some spares up at the cabin in the mountains, as fogg rolls in quite rugularly, and/or temps and humudity change frequently...most of the sprays only work for a few minutes, and not at all in cold heavy rains. These work in a blizzard.....ask me how I know.
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

yeah I've used mine walked out of my garage that was sitting at about 75* to my bike outside in the a.m. and rode to work in 37*... no foging... ever... even TRYING to fog it up... nothing.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:42 AM   #10
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
yeah I've used mine walked out of my garage that was sitting at about 75* to my bike outside in the a.m. and rode to work in 37*... no foging... ever... even TRYING to fog it up... nothing.
FOG CITY FTW! Btw they sell them at both Village Honda and Shawmutt Hills. SH probably has them in stock.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote