Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #31
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
It's the same three people posting "sure is quiet in here"...

Then we just copied their cool new tag into our avatars and looked just like they did.
true, a handful of us still use the NY forum as far as planning rides and events in the area
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #32
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
My car site has a $9.99 Prem Membership. Get a cool user tage saying so. That site you don't have avatar unless you pay. Larger PM, and a site sticker for your ride. I think something like that would be cool for here. I'd pay in.
Please don't tell me it's a silver premium member, or gold lifetime member badge...
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #33
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Please don't tell me it's a silver premium member, or gold lifetime member badge...
hey you have to pay for bling bling. LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #34
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Nope... just a red "premium member"

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #35
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Sounds eerily similar to the condition of the sites we all left to come here. CF now has tens of posts every year... not sure you want to go down that path.
no the reason CF and TWF died is because they were taken over and the admin's let shit fail... along with a bombardment of ad's everywhere had nothing to do with paying...

I'm fine with a donation based idea, only I think it'd die out after the initial donations... I was thinking of something a little more consistent to be reliable for Trip to count on to fun shirts/stickers for give aways and rewards...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #36
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
no the reason CF and TWF died is because they were taken over and the admin's let shit fail... along with a bombardment of ad's everywhere had nothing to do with paying...

I'm fine with a donation based idea, only I think it'd die out after the initial donations... I was thinking of something a little more consistent to be reliable for Trip to count on to fun shirts/stickers for give aways and rewards...
Hey, again, only members can participate in contests. If the contests have cool enough prizes-Gixxernation gave away a complete body kit and a couple Bazazz tuners recently, then people will sign up. If you want us to sign up for memberships just to finance prizes for the POTM contest even though most of us don't participate... I mean, it's free now and hardly anyone submits pictures. Maybe you should do a random monthly giveaway for members or something...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #37
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Hey, again, only members can participate in contests. If the contests have cool enough prizes-Gixxernation gave away a complete body kit and a couple Bazazz tuners recently, then people will sign up. If you want us to sign up for memberships just to finance prizes for the POTM contest even though most of us don't participate... I mean, it's free now and hardly anyone submits pictures. Maybe you should do a random monthly giveaway for members or something...
that's a thought... say what a $5 fee? with a gift certificate for what ever amount as prize?

the only problem with giveaways is that this forum isn't big enough nor does it add members often enough to fund things like that
Old 03-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #38
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I'd donate. Make a paypal friendly link on the page like over at ADV.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #39
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
that's a thought... say what a $5 fee? with a gift certificate for what ever amount as prize?

the only problem with giveaways is that this forum isn't big enough nor does it add members often enough to fund things like that
And the debate has come full circle, I said at the offset that this forum isn't big enough for contests...

Besides, Brandon, if anyone thinks that the POTM "contest" got bitter or petty before...Well, let's just see what the inclusion of a tangible prize does for the situation. These things are always going to be popularity contests first and merit based second. An unpopular person could post the Mona Lisa of bike pics and lose while a popular person can post the stupidest picture ever and win.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #40
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
And the debate has come full circle, I said at the offset that this forum isn't big enough for contests...

Besides, Brandon, if anyone thinks that the POTM "contest" got bitter or petty before...Well, let's just see what the inclusion of a tangible prize does for the situation. These things are always going to be popularity contests first and merit based second. An unpopular person could post the Mona Lisa of bike pics and lose while a popular person can post the stupidest picture ever and win.
well I was talking about the giveaways.. not the POTM contest.

I was thinking of just posting the pictures with out who submitted them as they'd submit the photo's to ME not in a thread. that way you'd only know who took them after the vote