pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
he watched CSI and NCS last night so he knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:57 PM   #22
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
That is fine for assigning blame for the accident. That still doesn't necessarily make him guilty of vehicular homicide.
Did you miss the second part, was his speed to blame for his bike sliding far/fast enough to kill that pedestrian after the impact with the car?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #23
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I don't care what speed he was going. You make sure you have time to make a turn before you attempt it. He was wrong for speeding, but that's it.
I agree for the most part, but up to a certain point. If the guy is doing 140mph in a 45mph zone, there is really no way to correctly judge how fast the bike is approaching. Esp. when most of these sportbike fuck tards who think riding with their high beams on makes cars "see you". God that pisses me off.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #24
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
he watched CSI and NCIS last night so he knows

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #25
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Innocent.

I believe speed is a secondary offense, unless above a specific rate (30 above?) and there's no real way of knowing exactly how fast he was going. Given that lack of information, we cannot be certain that he was the cause of the accident. Seems to me the Camry chick failed to yeild, which is a primary offense... Plus, I think the law requires negligence on the part of the rider... I would argue that despite his apparent disregard of the posted speed limit, he wasn't negligent - ie. he could not reasonably presume his actions would cause this 1 in a million reaction. If he killed the chick in the Camry, then yes, but pinballing your bike off of a car that turned in front of you and into some schmuck on the side of the road... not so much.
Here it wouldn't necessarily be the speed that got him nailed, but rather the passing past an intersection. The rate of speed would likely be icing on the cake. A lot of icing, at that, considering statements like "...flipped multiple times before hitting..."

From the sounds of it, the speed was excessive. It was certainly excessive for the situation. Guilty, from where I sit.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #26
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Im Voting Guilty. I dont like doing it but if the bike was traveling fast enough after the initial impact to kill a man then he must have been doing a pretty high rate of speed. I mean if a bike hits someone going 20-30 miles an hour its only going to be sliding on the ground. However if its flipping at 40-50 or more miles an hour then its much more likely its going to be a fatal result due to the flipping of the bike. I dont think if the bike was sliding the man would of died. He must of been hit from the bike flipping therefore the kid was really booking it down the road. You cant blame the Camry for pulling out because they cant judge the speed of a bike when its traveing fast right at you.

GUILTY!!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #27
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
Im Voting Guilty. I dont like doing it but if the bike was traveling fast enough after the initial impact to kill a man then he must have been doing a pretty high rate of speed. I mean if a bike hits someone going 20-30 miles an hour its only going to be sliding on the ground. However if its flipping at 40-50 or more miles an hour then its much more likely its going to be a fatal result due to the flipping of the bike. I dont think if the bike was sliding the man would of died. He must of been hit from the bike flipping therefore the kid was really booking it down the road. You cant blame the Camry for pulling out because they cant judge the speed of a bike when its traveing fast right at you.

GUILTY!!!!
The bike flipping also has alot to do with how the bike landed. Things usually don't flip unless something trips them.

And WTF are u holding in your Avatar?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #28
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Idk i mean i just watched about 15 motorcycle crash videos. 99% just hit vehicle and stopped/ slid a few feet. None went flipping anywhere near the distance to make it across an intersection let alone fast enough to kill anyone.It would of had to be more than nearly 100 miles an hour to cause it to do that.

They are 2 Chainsaws lol. It was a wild night lol.

Last edited by Full Throttle; 03-10-2011 at 11:41 AM..
Full Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #29
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
The bike flipping also has alot to do with how the bike landed. Things usually don't flip unless something trips them.

Things that make a bike flip generally take a lot of energy out of the equation. One exception would be something that acts as a ramp, which is rare. I've seen a 100 MPH get-off on a 125GP bike that threw it 10-12 feet in the air and destroyed the frame on landing. Once. That sort of crash, at low speed, isn't generally possible.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #30
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Also, if there is a yellow line (I can hardly make it out) it appears to indicate passing is allowed.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote