Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #11
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
THC pill don't have cannabinoids, which are what fight cancer and tumors. They could be good for killing pain though I suppose.

I, of course, still think good ol' fashioned Cannabis is the way to go for Medicinal use.
Doctor's Orders....

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #12
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
THC pill don't have cannabinoids, which are what fight cancer and tumors. They could be good for killing pain though I suppose.

I, of course, still think good ol' fashioned Cannabis is the way to go for Medicinal use.
Which would make sense for Cancer patients, but how many people wanting it are using it for cancer/tumors?
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #13
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Which would make sense for Cancer patients, but how many people wanting it are using it for cancer/tumors?
I've been hearing about THC pills for quite some time, and I agree they could be a very useful and far safer pain reliever, than say Tylenol.

What I'm afraid of is this sort of half legalization where the government (that has always maintained THC has NO medical benefits) says, "Hey, we gave you THC pills, now that's as good as its going to get." And then millions of people will miss out on the other benefits of the Cannabis plant, and innocents still go to prison, etc. etc.

There is much more to Cannabis than just the THC. I can definitely see where an effective THC pill could help sway public opinion on Cannabis though.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Yeah, but this also could be a stepping stone toward full legalization if we have a chance to go legalization. There is such a misconception in the general public about it, maybe if we get them use to the benefits without the high, they would be more tolerant of more uses for the drug.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #15
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

But since they're making such a big deal about removing the high, then to me it just reinforces the notion that high = bad and therefore recreational users are bad. So I doubt it will improve the odds of legalization.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #16
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Yeah, but this also could be a stepping stone toward full legalization if we have a chance to go legalization. There is such a misconception in the general public about it, maybe if we get them use to the benefits without the high, they would be more tolerant of more uses for the drug.
If big pharma figures out a way to make profit off THC they're going to do everything in their power to keep people coming to the pharmacy and shelling out money to buy their product. Cannabis and growing cannabis will remain illegal, otherwise they won't be able to profit.

Unfortunately, I don't see it as a stepping stone, but rather a way to keep it illegal. Many of those screaming for legalization are doing so in the name of actual medical necessity. If a THC pill cures what ails them, they're less likely to be as passionate about legalization.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #17
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

If it grows in your yard, and it's FREE, big pharma can't rape you.

They know this, they want your money. The government helps them, because they're in the pockets of big pharma.

There is no legitimate reason to make this harmless herb, used medicinally for CENTURIES, illegal in the 1st place.

They have had "marinol" pills for YEARS, and most people who took them in trials compared to smoking, found little or no relief.

Cannabis has many different strains, many different components, and while this research may help pain sufferers, there are MANY medicinal uses for this herb, as it has MANY wide-ranging effects, due to the MANY cannabinoids within it...NOT just THC.

My condition seems to benefit from the CBD component.

This is just another bullshit move to rob people of cheap herbal medicine, put money in big pharma pocketbooks, and keep people going to jail, in order to keep DEA agents, police, and courts employed persecuting, and kicking in families' doors, and killing their dogs, and children.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #18
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
If it grows in your yard, and it's FREE, big pharma can't rape you.

They know this, they want your money. The government helps them, because they're in the pockets of big pharma.

There is no legitimate reason to make this harmless herb, used medicinally for CENTURIES, illegal in the 1st place.

They have had "marinol" pills for YEARS, and most people who took them in trials compared to smoking, found little or no relief.

Cannabis has many different strains, many different components, and while this research may help pain sufferers, there are MANY medicinal uses for this herb, as it has MANY wide-ranging effects, due to the MANY cannabinoids within it...NOT just THC.

My condition seems to benefit from the CBD component.

This is just another bullshit move to rob people of cheap herbal medicine, put money in big pharma pocketbooks, and keep people going to jail, in order to keep DEA agents, police, and courts employed persecuting, and kicking in families' doors, and killing their dogs, and children.
And you know what the majority public perception of you from this quote will be "just another stoner that doesn't really want the pain medicine, he wants the high."

You aren't going to get it legalized any time soon, but if a company makes in roads into getting benefits for pain sufferers, I don't see a disadvantage in that.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #19
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

I don't think the general public is that naive anymore.

They know the kinda shit government does, and the absurdity of some of their propaganda is starting to look rather obvious anymore.

It's now known that prohibition of alcohol was actually government collusion with Rockefeller to curb Ethanol's use use in early cars (because farmers could make their own fuel from corn), like Henry Ford's Model T (that with different carbs ran on "Regular, or Ethyl"), and that cannabis suffered a similar fate at the hands of William Randolf Hearst to protect his paper interests, as hemp is over 4x more efficient at making paper.

Now that government is so glaringly obviously in the pocket of big pharma, I don't think people look at such ideas quite as suspiciously as you suggest.

No tinfoil hat is required, as these historic incidents of government collusion with robber barons is now common knowledge because of free exchange of information (read: Internet), as the standard press (read: Hearst) is no longer in control of all media.

Last edited by Avatard; 04-08-2011 at 02:58 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #20
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I don't think the general public is that naive anymore.

They know the kinda shit government does, and the absurdity of some of their propaganda is starting to look rather obvious anymore.

It's now known that prohibition of alcohol was actually government collusion with Rockefeller to curb Ethanol's use use in early cars (because farmers could make their own fuel from corn), like Henry Ford's Model T (that with different carbs ran on "Regular, or Ethyl"), and that cannabis suffered a similar fate at the hands of Randolf Hearst to protect his paper interests, as hemp is over 4x more efficient at making paper.

Now that government is so glaringly obviously in the pocket of big pharma, I don't think people look at such ideas quite as suspiciously as you suggest.
I think you are crazy if you believe the general public isn't still as naive. Especially about pot. Jury duty on the drug case I worked was hilarious how naive the jury pool was.