Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #21
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by comonboys View Post
Just FYI, all blackberry's come with Google maps predownloaded on them where you can get directions right from that. It's not turn=by-turn directions also with Verizons VZ navigator you also get live traffic updates that will route you are road construction, traffic accidents and jams. So the GPS system for $9.99 is well worth it if you are doing alot of traveling and can't stand being stuck in traffic. With VZ navigator you also can find movie times, look up places to get phone numbers and call the place for free vs. 411 connect which charges $1.49 per connection. Also with VZ nav you can add or remove it at anytime cause it's a feature. It's not something you have to have on there at all times.
This information will be useful however only if you have Verizon. Not sure how other companies run it. I know alot require you to have it at least a month or charge you a full month when you cancel.
No, they don't ALL come with that crap loaded on them... I was with ATT, then got away from the evil empire and am now with TMobile. So, I don't have the navigator stuff... and I had it before the Google apps existed Just sayin'

The Blackberry application will make your ringtones - just load the tunes, and select *make ringtone*. It's also a good idea to back up your entire berry every now and then.

I love LOVE LOVE the password encrypted login storage vault. The take a pic and post it option online. The blackberry messenger

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:19 PM   #22
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
No, they don't ALL come with that crap loaded on them... I was with ATT, then got away from the evil empire and am now with TMobile. So, I don't have the navigator stuff... and I had it before the Google apps existed Just sayin'

The Blackberry application will make your ringtones - just load the tunes, and select *make ringtone*. It's also a good idea to back up your entire berry every now and then.

I love LOVE LOVE the password encrypted login storage vault. The take a pic and post it option online. The blackberry messenger
Verizon includes that "crap" as a convience to the customer. Google maps are included on the menu out of box. VZ navigator is through Verizon only and is an application download. T-moblie and ATT don't offer that stuff do to their limited service areas. Since Verizon owns towers nationwide their is a broader capibility.
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #23
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by comonboys View Post
Yes sir it is.... However you will want to make sure that you don't select to have it run at start up. As cutty will tell you its annoying as hell when it does cause it takes like 5 minutes to just boot up the computer. I have a local band from here as alot of my ring tones. If you need help with it post here or shoot me a PM. I work for Verizon so I have access to do some stuff.
Will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiomechanic View Post
Tried it a little today and seems to work great! Just like the regular google maps but smaller. Also does directions. I'm so glad to have this now because I'm spending two weeks in Florida currenty for work and I don't know where ANYTHING is.
But does it check for traffic backups? j/k I am going to download it once the GPS is done.

And I was thinking today, if I can get online with it doesnt that mean it is susceptible to viruses and whatnot? And I'd like more info on the backing up process if someone wants to post or PM me how to do it. Once I get all this stuff figured out Im going to be using it for alot of school work (reminders) and MP3's. This thing is going to be my new iPod too, cus I lost it, so Im going to have like 3 memory cards for music
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:40 PM   #24
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Moto: 2000 Honda Magna 750

To my knowledge, there aren't many, if any, viruses out there for BB's. I'll admit, I've visited some 'questionable' websites on it and never had a problem. I'm sure SOMEONE who knows you or wants something you have can hack your berry (that just sounds wrong), but I've never had a problem, nor heard of one. I think you're pretty safe.

Now the Treo users on the other hand, get viruses all the dang time.

And Azoom, the password vault IS the shiz!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:59 PM   #25
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Ill have to try this so called password vault.

One thing I am missing is the battery life of my old phone. This thing sucks the battery dry in a matter of 2 or 3 days Nothing an overnight charge cant solve tho. I heard that if you let the battery drain completely then charge it that the battery will perform better. Im going to try it and see.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:12 AM   #26
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Yea. I've gone through 4 blackberries in the past 4 years (I love phone insurance) and the best bat life I've gotten with mine is about a day. I charge it every night so it's not THAT big a deal but I do wish it was longer.

Try not to use the backlight often. That and the phone itself will drain the bat faster than anything. If I'm on a call, seems like the bat drops two bars in 15 minutes.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:15 PM   #27
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Mine lasted about a day today and that was with it just sitting in the holster all day while I was working. I ended up turning it off about 1/4 thru the day so I wouldnt lose so much bat life.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #28
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Well, dang! Unless I'm on the phone a lot during the day, I don't have to turn mine off. Shoot, I'm post-whoring on it now.

Also, if you have a bluetooth headset, make sure not to leave it connected and active. Turn the headset off and disable BT. When you want to use the headset again, set it as a autoconnect device in the BB and then turn it on and re-enable BT. Kind of a pain, but BT being active drains the bat too.

That one good thing about the BB is that it will fully charge in 15 minutes. Mine is proof. I guess they realized that the bat drains fast so they made it charge even faster. If yours is going dead, pop it on the charger for 15 minutes and you'll be golden.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:35 PM   #29
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Yeah i didn realize that it charges really fast. I usually just turn mine off when Im at work and check it when I get a break tho. Still trying to figure out the password vault too.