JBA 8 88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #31
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
i think money is the equalizer. if you have a shit load of burnable cash, you can have more than one love. i have a car, and a bike, but thats because i havent hit baller status yet. its hard to love a piece of shit, and it takes money to do stuff right/the way you want. so you prioritize.

if i had mad cash, i'd have 2 dragbikes, a trackday bike, a streetbike, a racy 2door coupe, a luxury 4door sedan, a convertible, a suv, trailer, drag car, front engine dragster dirt bike, a lowrider and a truck. i'd be busy every weekend and loving every minute.

but if the sportbike scares you, dont ride. a healthy fear is cool, but if it scares you to the point of you're doing 45 on a highway, you're putting yourself in danger. sell it. do it now and get a good summertime price, hook up the mustang. do you go to the nmra races?
No never been before.

On a side note, a guy is supposed to be by today to get the bike...supposed to be.
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #32
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

fyi, i meant while you can have other hobbies and loves, if it comes down to it, one will always take precedence...for example, if I had to give up my car or my bike (money being no option) the car would go...

In any case, my cars comp states I get 24 mpg, but i know even when I am not leadfooting it I dont get that much. I look more at the fact that it costs me 60-75 to fill up and I MIGHT get 212 miles to a tank of gas...not good *sigh*, of course thats city miles, but its not that much better on highway miles either...i went on a trip of 120 miles yesterday and even filling up beforehand I am at less than 1/2 a tank...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #33
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

Moto: 2005 SV650s blue

man its completely the opposite with me, the car doesnt get me excited at all. All my spare money that isnt paying off the car or saving for retirement (which is most of my money sadly) is going into the bike.

just curious what feels scary about the ninja 250?

Last edited by Crazy; 06-29-2008 at 07:18 PM..
Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #34
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Well i dont think im scared of the bike as much as I am the cars. I frequently hit 35+ on the trails and it doesnt phase me a bit. I want to go faster
Ok maybe I should have said scared ON the bike instead of scared OF the bike...regardless...you're not enjoying it because of a fear of what might happen it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce
i think money is the equalizer. if you have a shit load of burnable cash, you can have more than one love. i have a car, and a bike, but thats because i havent hit baller status yet. its hard to love a piece of shit, and it takes money to do stuff right/the way you want. so you prioritize.

if i had mad cash, i'd have 2 dragbikes, a trackday bike, a streetbike, a racy 2door coupe, a luxury 4door sedan, a convertible, a suv, trailer, drag car, front engine dragster dirt bike, a lowrider and a truck. i'd be busy every weekend and loving every minute.

but if the sportbike scares you, dont ride. a healthy fear is cool, but if it scares you to the point of you're doing 45 on a highway, you're putting yourself in danger. sell it. do it now and get a good summertime price, hook up the mustang. do you go to the nmra races?
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #35
Rider
Moto GP Star

Why not go with a Borla cat back system?
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #36
Shift
Just a Noob

Moto: 08 Green 6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Nope gives more bottom end. That and the supercharger will give me 150hp or so depending on the tune. Plus the dyno tune, 8.8 rear end, 4.10 gears, and intercooler can get me 360+hp The bike is getting kinda boring anyways, i havent ridden it in about a week
Supercharger is going to run you (new) anywhere from 3k-6k depending on which type and brand. You'll spend a couple hundred more on a dyno, your stock end is fine for the 320~ rwhp you'll be putting out. I'd be much more worried about your stock clutch. 4.10s are overkill to me unless your going to the track a lot, 3.73's or at the most 3.90's will do you just fine. You will want a hand held tuner to check a/f ratio as well to change variables in your ecu such as tire change (you will want a wider tire to plant the extra power), as well as correcting your gauges for the new gears in the rear end. Gas mileage will be even worse the a GT while your making boost. All in all it's a lot of money I just don't see it worth it in modding the 6 to that extent for the little performance it will offer.

Supercharger 4.5k, exhaust-500, gears+SCT tuner-500, limited slip dif-300, Spec Stage 1 clutch- 250, actual dyno time-500. And these are just the basics theres much more expenses here and there you will encounter along the way.
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #37
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy View Post
man its completely the opposite with me, the car doesnt get me excited at all. All my spare money that isnt paying off the car or saving for retirement (which is most of my money sadly) is going into the bike.

just curious what feels scary about the ninja 250?
I think i feel more comfortable in a car than on a bike. Im not really sure if its the speed of the bike, the cars, or what it was cus I've been well over 50 before just hat time it scared me for whatever reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Why not go with a Borla cat back system?
I will eventually get something like that but right now Im looking for an X or H pipe. When I get the money I will do that.
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote