Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 07-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #11
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujimoh View Post
The only thing Netflix and any mega corp understands in money. When enough people stop spending money with them, they will change
but are enough people willing to stop their netflix service? if they have 100,000 people that complained and 50,000 of them cancel their service, and they are still left with 23 million plus customers does it matter to them if they are still making the same amount of money?

My understanding of their price hike is that the studios are ganking them for more money because they got a better than great deal in the past. Now that the studios are threatening to take their titles off the shelf unless they get more money, netflix only option to stay profitable is to charge a higher rate. I don't blame netflix, I blame the studios on this, they are going all RIAA (or rather MPAA) on netflix because they are scared of a changing bussiness model, and they dont understand how to deal with it.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #12
fujimoh
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR 1000RR

You are correct, even to lose 100,000 customers, they won't care. Even if every one of those customers spend more than 8 bucks a month with red box, they won't care. If they lose 1 million customers, you will get their attention.

The important point is, if you don't like what they did, drop Netflix and convince everyone you know to drop them. Otherwise, netflix wins and they will treat us any way they choose
fujimoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #13
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujimoh View Post
You are correct, even to lose 100,000 customers, they won't care. Even if every one of those customers spend more than 8 bucks a month with red box, they won't care. If they lose 1 million customers, you will get their attention.

The important point is, if you don't like what they did, drop Netflix and convince everyone you know to drop them. Otherwise, netflix wins and they will treat us any way they choose
No, they'd have to lose somewhere in the neighborhood of 14 million customers to lose any money, so a 1 million customer drop probably wouldn't phase them... They'd still bring in over 50% more revenue.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #14
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

again everything I read says that netflix wont be able to stay in business with their previous pricing structure, the studios ganked them for higher licensing fees and they are just passing the cost on to the consumer, they aren't actually making any extra money off the price hike
Old 07-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #15
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

I don't get all the Netflix outrage. Companies adjust pricing all the time, and the reasons are usually a lot more complicated (and less sinister) than "let's see what we can get away with."

Personally, I'll be dropping the DVD part of my plan, and just using redbox. Not to stick it to Netflix, but just because I don't get enough DVDs for it to make sense to keep it with the new pricing. I'd guess that even though 100k people complained, there are probably a lot more like me who didn't complain, but will end up dropping part or all of their plan anyway.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:48 AM   #16
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Personally, I'll be dropping the DVD part of my plan, and just using redbox.
The best strategy.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:56 AM   #17
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

I just switched to the DVD only portion of Netflix since the selection is still much better than downloading.

That and the fact that my computer keeps locking up due the video driver or some shit. lol

Seriously...people are going to get all pissy about 8 bucks a month? Hint your F-150 eats that in 25 miles.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote