OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Perfect!

And your point?

Truth. This is a must.

Thanks holmes. I'm bringing a former army sgt who also packs heat.
My point is, it seems irresponsible... like you guys are going out there specifically to look to get into trouble...

Never been through the ghettos of Detroit, but I've been through plenty of ghettos... including Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Orlando... which statistically speaking are worse than Detroit - clicky

Fuck, the time in Cincy, I had to stop and ask for directions just outside what is apparently the #1 ghetto in the US!

Never once did I have an issue... not once. Throwing some protection into your tank bag is one thing, but popping off about packing multiple weapons and bringing someone with combat experience, etc makes it seem like you guys are just out there searching for something.

Seems especially questionable for someone who's lived in these areas to not understand how these areas work... If you're riding through on a Saturday afternoon, the odds of something bad happening are very, very low... Roll through at midnight, talking shit, and being flashy... the odds go up exponentially. I mean, if your intent is to park the bikes and walk around for a bit, OK, but if you're just riding through to get video all this talk about how you need a bunch of fucking guns and a combat vet are totally ridiculous.

So, in honor of you tough guys and your hardcore venture into the ghetto... I'll take a drive through #22 on that list I provided on my way home from work today, it's literally 5 minutes away... Then I'll look forward to hearing about your super cool gun battle when you ride through #23 on that list.

OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #72
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Corktown is still resonably "hip" as anything in that michigan ave / woodward area is.

But as I tried to show Marko when he was here. Even woodward is face value nice. Hell you go behind the fox theator and in the alley parking you can get knifed.
F ya. I remember that shit.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #73
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
Honestly that vid that Tally posted... not all that bad. The destroyed areas I don't usually believe are as "ruff" as some of the "nicer" areas. In those destroyed areas it's homeless dudes, not homies trying to prove themselves to their bros. That video should be called the run down not the ghetto. IMO
yeah i thought the same thing.. my video i want to capture more of what you are getting at gasman.. like the davidson is a mild example - pretty safe to drive through but it's a bustling ghetto area.. more of that but in more questionable areas and not looking for trouble just rolling through at a swift pace - slow enough to get some footage but quick enough not to garner any un-needed attention or get shot at..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #74
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
My point is, it seems irresponsible... like you guys are going out there specifically to look to get into trouble...

Never been through the ghettos of Detroit, but I've been through plenty of ghettos... including Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Orlando... which statistically speaking are worse than Detroit - clicky

Fuck, the time in Cincy, I had to stop and ask for directions just outside what is apparently the #1 ghetto in the US!

Never once did I have an issue... not once. Throwing some protection into your tank bag is one thing, but popping off about packing multiple weapons and bringing someone with combat experience, etc makes it seem like you guys are just out there searching for something.

Seems especially questionable for someone who's lived in these areas to not understand how these areas work... If you're riding through on a Saturday afternoon, the odds of something bad happening are very, very low... Roll through at midnight, talking shit, and being flashy... the odds go up exponentially. I mean, if your intent is to park the bikes and walk around for a bit, OK, but if you're just riding through to get video all this talk about how you need a bunch of fucking guns and a combat vet are totally ridiculous.

So, in honor of you tough guys and your hardcore venture into the ghetto... I'll take a drive through #22 on that list I provided on my way home from work today, it's literally 5 minutes away... Then I'll look forward to hearing about your super cool gun battle when you ride through #23 on that list.

you got it all wrong.. we aren't going "looking for trouble".. but we also know enough about the areas that the potential for trouble is exponentially higher than say a wealthy detroit suburb like the ones we live in.. in the ghetto if you mind your own business and shut the fuck up you normally do just fine.. you are right about one thing.. well 2 actually.. 1. if you act stupid and "flashy" as you put it you will get your punk card pulled and 2. there are a lot worse ghettos than detroit - ohio has 2 out of the 3 poorest cities in the nation - cincy being one of them. but we never claimed detroit is the worst ghetto either. and yes we are riding through during the day when it is safer for sure because we aren't looking for a "gun battle" as you put it.. seems like you are just looking for something here that isn't here - we never claimed it was a "hardcore adventure" and we are not looking for props for it either.. my opinion is i would rather have a gun and not need it then to need a gun and not have it.. i watched one of my best friends shot point blank in the head in detroit because he refused to give up his car to a car jacker.. i have got my ass kicked many a times there and had guns pulled on me.. so to do this in some very questionable areas i don't see any harm in being prepared with a couple of guns and people who know how to use them..

Old 05-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #75
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
you got it all wrong.. we aren't going "looking for trouble".. but we also know enough about the areas that the potential for trouble is exponentially higher than say a wealthy detroit suburb like the ones we live in.. in the ghetto if you mind your own business and shut the fuck up you normally do just fine.. you are right about one thing.. well 2 actually.. 1. if you act stupid and "flashy" as you put it you will get your punk card pulled and 2. there are a lot worse ghettos than detroit - ohio has 2 out of the 3 poorest cities in the nation - cincy being one of them. but we never claimed detroit is the worst ghetto either. and yes we are riding through during the day when it is safer for sure because we aren't looking for a "gun battle" as you put it.. seems like you are just looking for something here that isn't here - we never claimed it was a "hardcore adventure" and we are not looking for props for it either.. my opinion is i would rather have a gun and not need it then to need a gun and not have it.. i watched one of my best friends shot point blank in the head in detroit because he refused to give up his car to a car jacker.. i have got my ass kicked many a times there and had guns pulled on me.. so to do this in some very questionable areas i don't see any harm in being prepared with a couple of guns and people who know how to use them..
Now see, we agree... this is a reasonable post. The shit that was flying on the previous pages, in general, was not reasonable... "I'm packin'!" "Dude, I'm packin' two!" "yeah, and I'm going to bring a combat vet who will be packin too!"

I don't doubt anything you say in this post, but all of the talk about weaponry, offering to bring someone into the ghetto to show them that they are a pussy, etc, etc just makes it seem like a 'look how badass we are' voyage.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #76
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I could imagine you getting into some shit if you tried to drive through a low-traffic'd residential street way off the main thoroughfare, where packs of guys are loitering in the middle of the street. They might not be motivated to let you through unless you're one of their own. It might work to your advantage to use an SUV with chrome rims so they think you might be a supplier, instead of just some nerdy white guys going on a tourist trip
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #77
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Quote:
Now see, we agree... this is a reasonable post. The shit that was flying on the previous pages, in general, was not reasonable... "I'm packin'!" "Dude, I'm packin' two!" "yeah, and I'm going to bring a combat vet who will be packin too!"

I don't doubt anything you say in this post, but all of the talk about weaponry, offering to bring someone into the ghetto to show them that they are a pussy, etc, etc just makes it seem like a 'look how badass we are' voyage.
that was never the intended meaning.. someone said detroit is full of pussies and i tend to disagree with that statement.. not because i live in detroit because i have spent time there and there are some hardcore motherfuckers you just don't want to fuck with.. it is in inaccurate statement.. i merely said i will take them to some of those areas, free of charge of course, to show them that detroit indeed is not full of pussies.. now if he said detroit is full of junkies, homeless, rejects of society, idiots and full of waste i would say his statement was accurate..

beyond that you were reading into it and i will admit our posts may have crossed the line a bit eluding to that direction.. but reality wise chris is not going to be standing in the middle of the ghetto shooting his heater into the air screaming king kong ain't got nothing on me.. we would rather just roll through there as stealth as possible so that no one even knew we were there.. i don't even want to give a chance to something going down.. when shit goes down in the ghetto it goes real bad real fucking fast.. and if the cops will even come it takes them hours and they usually wait until everyone who is going to be dead is dead so they can do the minimal of work.. they have no interest in engaging in a gun fight or trying to break up a pack of rabid dogs feasting on a field mouse..

Old 05-20-2011, 10:36 PM   #78
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
F ya. I remember that shit.
And that was "downtown". Remember the women wouldn't let us go into the hood.

Quote:
yeah i thought the same thing.. my video i want to capture more of what you are getting at gasman.. like the davidson is a mild example - pretty safe to drive through but it's a bustling ghetto area.. more of that but in more questionable areas and not looking for trouble just rolling through at a swift pace - slow enough to get some footage but quick enough not to garner any un-needed attention or get shot at..
That's what I'm saying... the less F'ed areas actually have more "trouble".

Quote:

Dude I'm packing to be prepared.... like Mud said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I could imagine you getting into some shit if you tried to drive through a low-traffic'd residential street way off the main thoroughfare, where packs of guys are loitering in the middle of the street. They might not be motivated to let you through unless you're one of their own. It might work to your advantage to use an SUV with chrome rims so they think you might be a supplier, instead of just some nerdy white guys going on a tourist trip
This is so the worse case scenario. Especially on bikes!!

Quote:
that was never the intended meaning.. someone said detroit is full of pussies and i tend to disagree with that statement.. not because i live in detroit because i have spent time there and there are some hardcore motherfuckers you just don't want to fuck with.. it is in inaccurate statement.. i merely said i will take them to some of those areas, free of charge of course, to show them that detroit indeed is not full of pussies.. now if he said detroit is full of junkies, homeless, rejects of society, idiots and full of waste i would say his statement was accurate..

beyond that you were reading into it and i will admit our posts may have crossed the line a bit eluding to that direction.. but reality wise chris is not going to be standing in the middle of the ghetto shooting his heater into the air screaming king kong ain't got nothing on me.. we would rather just roll through there as stealth as possible so that no one even knew we were there.. i don't even want to give a chance to something going down.. when shit goes down in the ghetto it goes real bad real fucking fast.. and if the cops will even come it takes them hours and they usually wait until everyone who is going to be dead is dead so they can do the minimal of work.. they have no interest in engaging in a gun fight or trying to break up a pack of rabid dogs feasting on a field mouse..
I agree on first paragraph. Hell there are areas of Monroe (was there last week) that are a bit F'in ruff. I made a wrong turn and ended up in the hood. I'm talkin dudes stairing me down...

I disagree with the second paragraph. I'm making a sign for my bike saying "I hate neegroids!" I'm going to wear dat shit while we roll. I'm putting my pump action shotty on my back like the terminator and have my glock on a thigh holster.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #79
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

hello square 1, we are glad to be back.. i am rolling with a maltov cocktail in one hand and see what happens when i throw it into a crowd.. fuck em..

Old 05-23-2011, 11:57 PM   #80
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

Quote:

Over the Rhine.

Fine little area.

NY Times features Over-the-Rhine in Travel section

Over-the-Rhine business owners and residents are thrilled with the national publicity the historic neighborhood received from an article and photos in the New York Times' Sunday travel section.

The short story with photos, headlined "10 years later, a corner of Cincinnati sees a brighter future," was pegged to the 10th anniversary of civil unrest caused by the police shooting of an unarmed 19-year-old. It mentioned revitalization efforts headed by nonprofit and corporate entities that have yielded "a rush of new, independent businesses," such as Joe's Diner on Sycamore, Atomic Number Ten, the Famous Neon's Unplugged and MOTR Pub

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...S01/105240312/