Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-16-2011, 01:38 AM   #11
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Agreed, they are both dependent on each other to spend more money than the last guy so they can blame the last guy for spending too much while promising not to do the same while spending more than the last guy......
Yeah that is exactly what I wanted to say. lol

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:42 AM   #12
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
... In fact i believe that half of what he says is only to be different from everyone else, I'm not sure he really believes it.
I don't agree..he aligns himself with the Libertarian party view of non-interventionism and limited government for which most decisions should be left up to the states. He is consistent in his voting.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 05-16-2011 at 01:52 AM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:01 AM   #13
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Both viable but completely unrealistic options. Too many people are making too much money for them not to screw everyone else.
Realistic actually, if politicians started to be charged for getting kick-b...., I mean if 'campaign contributions' were limited.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:20 AM   #14
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
I don't agree..he aligns himself with the Libertarian party view of non-interventionism and limited government for which most decisions should be left up to the states. He is consistent in his voting.
Yes, hes very consistent, but hes also a politician, thus he is a proffessional liar and thief and has been deemed to be operating in his own self interest. Since his actions can only be assumed for his own benefit, it can also be assumed that he votes a certain way to benefit himself, and my guess would be that his major benefit is keeping his job, so he votes the way he dos to stay in office. Most politicians follow party lines and vote for stuff because thats where their election money comes from, the party and the party affiliation. Paul has established himself as the libertarian republican guy from TX who bucks the system. Thats what people donate their money to, the libertarian republican who bucks the system. Its the role he plays and the niche he fills.

I might be completely wrong about that ^, but I dont really trust anybody in DC, they are all theifs and liars. Until proven otherwise (and even then I truly doubt it) I will belive that they are all self serving corrupt liars. Including Paul. And thats my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Realistic actually, if politicians started to be charged for getting kick-b...., I mean if 'campaign contributions' were limited.
Again, too many people making too much money off it to change it now. Thus it is completely unrealistic.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #15
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
Since the speculators are currently responsible for about 20-25% of the increase in the per barrel price, why not tax them at 5X what they make?

I can guarantee that if the oil speculators were taxed $500 for every $100 they made, the price of oil would would drop.

You can also be sure that someone in the industry would NOT suggest that
You don't seem to realize that speculators can and do make money when they correctly guess that the price of oil will drop as well. They make money when they are right about what will happen with oil, whether it goes up or down. They lose money when they are wrong about what will happen with oil, up or down. Blaming speculators for the price of oil is like blaming the recent tornadoes on meteorologists.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #16
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
You don't seem to realize that speculators can and do make money when they correctly guess that the price of oil will drop as well. They make money when they are right about what will happen with oil, whether it goes up or down. They lose money when they are wrong about what will happen with oil, up or down. Blaming speculators for the price of oil is like blaming the recent tornadoes on meteorologists.
That would be a valid comparison, if meteorologists created low pressure zones by talking. Markets are effected by talk.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #17
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
That would be a valid comparison, if meteorologists created low pressure zones by talking. Markets are effected by talk.
Markets are affected by beliefs. People can talk all they want but unless people are convinced that talk is right they aren't going to take a financial stake backing that talk. About the only things that will make traders believe oil should be worth less would be a significant increase in the value of the dollar (not going to happen with America's current economic policies), an increase in supply (argued against in the first post), or a decrease in demand (double dip global recession). Oil costs a lot because speculators believe current conditions will drive prices higher, and despite all the whining about speculators I believe they are right.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #18
fujimoh
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR 1000RR

Check out Ron Paul's vote record. He will put hometown pork into to bills he knows are going to pass and then he will vote against them. He gets his turn at the pork barrel and still has a voting record that makes him look like a spending hawk.

Look up his record for yourself, it is there and I am not your secretary
fujimoh is offline   Reply With Quote