Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
Triple
uncomfortably numb

Moto: WR250R & Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I would seriously look at the WR250, it's not air cooled, but I think it's a nicer dual sport and would be a great hardcore dirt bike.
The WR's seat height is WAY too tall for my midget's inseam. I'm finding 08 and 09 KLX, KL, CRF, and XT bikes with less than 500 miles on them for $3K and under. Similar WR's are listing for $4500 and up.

I don't need outstanding performance. I want efficiency and durability. What little time I spend in the woods will be slow-speed adventure touring. Sight-seeing and camping, mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
If your split is 85/15 street/dirt... why is your heart set on machines that will be so lacking on the street?
I may not spend much time on the trail, but I want competence when I do.

I'm open to the motard versions of these bikes as well. For example:

2009 Kawasaki KLX250SF Motard - $2995

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
KLR 650? If you are going to be slabbing it at all, you're life will probably much saner with more displacement. What you are saying seems like what I hear everyone say before they ride home on a KLR 650.
I've given the big KLR a lot of thought. It makes more sense for carrying a passenger, too. But, it is heavy, and it is tall. I don't think the mountain trails around here would be tolerant of such a big bike (at least, not with a relative novice like myself at the controls).
Triple is offline   Reply With Quote