Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-31-2010, 07:55 AM   #31
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
As stated, for a dairy farm, mistreating the cattle is extremely non-productive.
the big corporate ones couldn't care less.

this is the reason all my meat and milk and such comes from local small dairy farms.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:06 AM   #32
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
the big corporate ones couldn't care less.

this is the reason all my meat and milk and such comes from local small dairy farms.
That's all I'm trying to say. Almost every time I've been to one of these places, I've seen some sort of brutality. Employee ''A" has to move X number of cows, chickens, turkeys, etc from holding area "A" to processing area "B" before he can go home... I know most of you push pencils for a living but you must have had a moment at some time when you've become frustrated at an inanimate object and slammed it, thrown it, tore it up, etc. Now lets say that this object that is keeping you from completing your task has a mind of it's own... That pen really IS hiding, those reports ARE ruining themselves, etc. Again, I don't condone this behavior but I have definitely lost my temper at work with lifeless mechanical objects that SEEMED to be purposely thwarting my progress, especially when I was younger.

When you work with animals, in these numbers, every day they must become "product". No more important than the parts that fly down an assembly line to a factory worker. I'm very glad that I don't work with hundreds, perhaps thousands, of living things that must sometime seem to be absolutely born to ruin my day. If they were smart, they'd figure out a way to put these cows in a coma, feed them intravenous, bag their waste, harvest the product and use the meat for dog food when they can no longer produce milk. Kinda like the Matrix or Blade....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:23 AM   #33
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
So is tossing around product when you work at Best Buy but the workers there do it every week... So is mistreating the animals at a pet stote but people do it... so is mistreating patients at a hospital but nurses do it... so is surfing the net at work...
News flash employees don't always consider what is best for the company...
No shit dude, I didn't say they didn't do it.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:26 AM   #34
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Why would a small local dairy be any less likely to abuse animals than a large corporate one?

In my experience, small companies of ANY kind have less red tape & formality.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:29 AM   #35
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Why would a small local dairy be any less likely to abuse animals than a large corporate one?

In my experience, small companies of ANY kind have less red tape & formality.
At a smaller farm, it's their personal livelyhood. They understand that stressing the cows, even ONE cow, will directly affect their bottom line.

I haven't watched the video, and won't. Humans suck.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:09 PM   #36
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

There is a reason I like animals more than most people. My parents treat their livestock like family,seriously, most of the cows have names. How can you eat a pet named " Squinty?" People are always commenting on how we have the most docile cows they have ever seen...lol

Beating and abusing animals is not going to solve any problems with them!! I hope the abusers rot in jail.
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote