Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr
Default the procrastination\linkage from a website thread

Wired - One thing that every geek can do is quote their favorite geek-culture media, whether it’s movies, books, television, theater or music. The GeekDads have tried to compile a list of such quotes for your enjoyment. This list is certainly not definitive. Indeed, it’s only the beginning! Feel free to add your own (clean) ones in the comments below.

“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” — Dennis the Peasant, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

“If you think that by threatening me you can get me to do what you want… Well, that’s where you’re right. But - and I am only saying that because I care - there’s a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing.” - Chris Knight, Real Genius

“We’re all very different people. We’re not Watusi. We’re not Spartans. We’re Americans, with a capital ‘A’, huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We’re the underdog.” - John Winger, Stripes

“If I’m not back in five minutes, just wait longer.” - Ace Ventura, Ace ventura, Pet Detective

“This is the way society functions. Aren’t you a part of society?” - Kramer, Seinfeld

“No matter where you go, there you are. ” - Buckaroo Banzai, Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension

“Ray, if someone asks you if you’re a god, you say YES!” - Winston, Ghostbusters

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no substitute for a good blaster at your side, kid.” -Han Solo, Star Wars
“Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.” - Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

“It’s a moral imperative.” - Chris Knight, Real Genuis

“Nothing shocks me–I’m a scientist.” - Indiana Jones, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!” - Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?” - Albert Einstein

“This is your receipt for your husband… and this is my receipt for your receipt.” - Officer, Brazil

“So say we all.” - Battlestar Galactica

“After very careful consideration, sir, I’ve come to the conclusion that your new defense system sucks.” - General Beringer, WarGames.

“My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!” -Inigo, The Princess Bride

“What… is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?” - Bridgekeeper, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

“Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.” - Harry Lime, The Third Man

“And I said, I don’t care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I’m, I’m quitting, I’m going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they’ve moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn’t bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it’s not okay because if they take my stapler then I’ll set the building on fire…” - Milton Waddams, Office Space

“Daddy would have gotten us Uzis.” - Samantha, Night of the Comet

“It’s 106 miles to Chicago, we’ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses.” “Hit it!” - Elwood, The Blues Brothers

Read More http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2010/01...#ixzz0cPspxEbQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” — Dennis the Peasant, Monty Python and the Holy Grail
This is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time in one of my favorite comedies of all time.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
“Gimme some sugar, baby.” - Ash, Army of Darkness
but not

"Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick!" ?

Quote:
“Would you say I have a plethora of piñatas?” - El Guapo, ¡Three Amigos!
But not

"Do you know what ees a plethora?"

Quote:
“I don’t believe there’s a power in the ‘verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful. Sometimes you just wanna duct-tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month.” - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly
but not

"I aim to misbehave"
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
"Yessir, captain tight pants"
"See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it quiet-like."
"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet: I will end you."
"My days of taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."

Kaylee: "Wash, tell me I'm pretty..."
Wash: "Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion."
Kaylee: " 'Cause I'm pretty?"
Wash: " 'Cause you're pretty."

Old 01-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
This is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time in one of my favorite comedies of all time.
Mine too, but I like this actual wording just a bit better:
Quote:
"Oh but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you"
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #5
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

"Chances are if I show up at your door, you did something to bring me there."

"It's not personal!"

Martin Blank, Grosse Pointe Blank
Old 01-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I'll read all that... later.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote