Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #51
Leon
WERA Yellow Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT get the Verizon version of the HTC Touch Pro. It sucks donkey dong. I had to go back to an Altell version which is much better.

Also the verizon touch pro's gps is locked so no google maps with gps capability. They want u to pay $15 extra for their Vnav crap.

Upgradable memory - Storm wins, mini SD card FTMFW So does Touch Pro

Copy and paste - Storm already has it So does Touch Pro

Push gmail - Storm wins again not sure but i'm sure theirs an app for it

Apps - iphone wins, but I have discovered I don't give a damn about these and don't even buy the iphone replica apps for the storm. Slacker/garmin/weatherbug is about all I use on a regular basis. Sorry I don't break out my storm when I want to level a picture or need urbanspoon to tell me where to eat or lose my car or need snow conditions or any of those other lame ass apps they advertise that don't actually even work where I live because I don't live in a big city. Not as many but the useful ones count, not the zippo crap

music - they both play music, that's about all I care about in the functionality of this market... So does Touch Pro

removable battery - storm....apple and their retarded ways So does Touch Pro

computer/charging connector - storm, it has the now universally adopted micro usb So does Touch Pro

speed - iphone, storm rushed a OS built for another phone and has yet to release the first truly storm built OS No problem here

OS - iphone, same reason as above Touchflo is a lot better than the regular windows screen

screen - this is opinion, but I love the surepress, so I give it to Storm Small but I can see

business use - Storm, it's a fucking blackberry, iphone is a gadget toy Loaded with windows business apps

GPS use - Storm, garmin app is nice, has telenav even released theirs for iphone yet? Altell version unlocked, verizon locked, not sure on sprints/etc

internet - they are all about the same to me, as long as I can pull up websites I'm good. My non 3G touch pro out beats my cousins 3G iphone
I have the touch pro with Verizon. GPS is very easily unlocked.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #52
julie j
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: F650GS & XT250

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
I have a Blackberry Storm 2 (with Verizon)for work. I recently switched from a BB Curve (on Sprint) - I am not sure if it was just a junk phone, or my area, but it sucked balls.

I have been with Verizon since at least '03 with zero issues, with my personal phones (recently picked up a DROID).
We have Verizon for personal and my husband has Sprint for work. We have never had issues with Verizon and always have coverage over our friends who are with different providers when traveling. As for Sprint, my husband hates it. Loses his signal in the Seattle area and it is useless for travel.

How do you like the Droid?
julie j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #53
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie j View Post
We have Verizon for personal and my husband has Sprint for work. We have never had issues with Verizon and always have coverage over our friends who are with different providers when traveling. As for Sprint, my husband hates it. Loses his signal in the Seattle area and it is useless for travel.

How do you like the Droid?
Sounds like his experience with Sprint is similar to mine. The area around 3 of my shops I would have to use my personal phone, since the work one had poor signal.

BTW the DROID is pure awesome, IMO.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:41 PM   #54
julie j
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: F650GS & XT250

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Sounds like his experience with Sprint is similar to mine. The area around 3 of my shops I would have to use my personal phone, since the work one had poor signal.

BTW the DROID is pure awesome, IMO.
Yep that sounds the same. Thanks for the info on the Droid. I am going to have to look into that.
julie j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #55
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I have the touch pro with Verizon. GPS is very easily unlocked.
You'll have to share the secret cause I looked all over the web and could not find a way. There was this one guys "unlock" program but it didn't do shit.

It's not only that. The Verizons version has less memory, less ram, etc. When I first boot it up, its already at 60% ram usage. My Alltel one is at 34%. Didnt take long to lug down the verizon one. Plus, I like the Alltel's style better.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #56
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
carrier = verizon.

i am thinking the blackberry is pretty nice. most people like them who have them, as opposed to the iphone.

now i am not talking about the touchscreen storm, but the tried and true BB Curve.
http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...?tag=mncol;lst

but there is also the LG versa
http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/...?tag=mncol;lst

and then there is the HTC touch Pro
http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...?tag=mncol;lst

any other suggestions? comments ?
If you have Verizon, and you only need a touchscreen, get a Samsung, they have some of the best cameras.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #57
Leon
WERA Yellow Plate

Here you go, read all the instructions first. Worked on my pro and my girls diamond with no problems. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83562
Old 12-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #58
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

i am in love with my droid does everything

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #59
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Here you go, read all the instructions first. Worked on my pro and my girls diamond with no problems. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83562
Did that one. Didn't work. Doesn't matter now cause I'm not using it so I can't do the 288 part.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote