Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-09-2009, 07:33 AM   #11
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Put some of these signs/stickers out side.

Be ready to enforce their statement.

DONE!

http://www.readytodefend.com/
Might as well advertise "guns/ammo here - please break in when you know I'm not home and take them to commit further crimes"
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:08 AM   #12
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

sounds like you need a faster dog.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #13
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
I want to ward off an intruder, not blow the house down...

This is an old log cabin with a wrap-around porch, so I can't plant bushes against the home itself. I'm digging the carpet tack idea, however, wouldn't have thought of that...

A large stone chimney runs between our two bedroom windows. It's easy to climb, as I've done it myself. Our old cabin in very easy to break into in a number of different ways.

I want to build an Earth-sheltered home from concrete. The wife thinks it's stupid. She'll be singing a different tune when the zombies attack or the civil war starts!
I love the Earth-sheltered home idea... Energy efficient and zombie resistant.

I wish I could say that the carpet tack idea was my own, but it was actually my old man's. He owned a coin-op laundrymat and had people breaking into the back room all the time. There was nothing back there really to steal, but they'd always break shit. It was easy to get into, just stand on the sink in the bathroom, push through the drop-tile ceiling, and hop the wall. He put carpet tack on top of the wall and nobody ever got back there again... now, there were a good number of times you'd come in to find a half dozen bloody handprints and drips heading out the door. It gave you the warm fuzzies to see that...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #14
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Basic home security is easier than you think... Invest in big prickly bushes right in front of those windows... Or paint some carpet tack to match the window sill and nail it in there... Nobody will fuck with your joint.
Can't someone get a quick million in a lawsuit for that carpet tack in the US? I heard one about a guy that when in the sky light and fell on a knife and sued.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #15
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Can't someone get a quick million in a lawsuit for that carpet tack in the US? I heard one about a guy that when in the sky light and fell on a knife and sued.

James
I think that was from a movie, but anyway... yes, there is that possibility as you are technically not permitted to booby-trap your house. However, every once in a while if you hang mats from the window sills you could always say, "I use it to hang my mats."

Take pictures.

You can also say it keeps squirrels from sitting on your window sills and shitting down the side of your house.

Just delete this thread.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #16
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I think that was from a movie, but anyway... yes, there is that possibility as you are technically not permitted to booby-trap your house. However, every once in a while if you hang mats from the window sills you could always say, "I use it to hang my mats."

Take pictures.

You can also say it keeps squirrels from sitting on your window sills and shitting down the side of your house.

Just delete this thread.
LOL. I like the way you think. Speaking of that. They make those 6 inch spikes you put done to keep birds off of buildings and so on. Those should work really nice.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #17
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
I love the Earth-sheltered home idea... Energy efficient and zombie resistant.
If you've got $1.8M and wanna move to Jacksonville, this place is for sale:

http://www.jacksonville.com/lifestyl...y/quirky_charm

Zombie resistant... but I'd be worried about flooding in the event of a hurricane.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #18
Jet
Street Stunter

Not the best house to break into, are you still a LEO Triple?
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #19
AquaPython
put it THIS way

a friend of mine just posted pics of a bear trying to get in their house at 4 am. depending where you live, its a possibility, bears are getting less afraid of people...