Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #11
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

I've got both the Wagner Power sprayer and the roller. Love them both. Use the sprayer outside and the roller for interior work. If you have to do a lot, the power roller is definitely worth it.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #12
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
That may be an issue, I can prolly move most of the stuf foutside for a day to do the painting but with the cabinets that are up and the other crap along the walls the prep work may be time consuming either way. I was actualy kicking around doing it in sections at a time.

Tom
While I have used a sprayer and a power roller before, I now stick with standard brushes and rollers. Actual painting goes pretty quickly for me. The majority of my time is spent on prep work. Any time I do save using the power equipment seems to be lost in the more extensive clean up the power stuff requires.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
I've got both the Wagner Power sprayer and the roller. Love them both. Use the sprayer outside and the roller for interior work. If you have to do a lot, the power roller is definitely worth it.
Beat me to it! The power sprayer/roller is the way to go if you're going to be doing more painting. The power roller virtually eliminates my problems with rollers... the pan and not being tempted to overload the roller. You hook that baby up and you're good for a can of paint! Krabill can remind me but doesn't it also come with attachments for edging, etc? It's been a while but I used one with my ex's Dad and it was the bomb!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Hey what about this?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...014&lpage=none
Old 08-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Or if you're cheap...

My buddy had something like this from an infomercial and was in love with it! I never used it so

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...042&lpage=none
Old 08-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #16
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Oh yea, don't forget the trim....
I've actually used this and it works great! I filled it up with paint and basically walked it down the wall. It lays up against the edge and keeps it clean.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...030&lpage=none

There used to be a kit that was cheap but I don't see it. The non-powered roller and the trim tool only cost about $35 so it would be worth it to me.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #17
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Yes, the power roller comes with a few edging attachments that actually somewhat work.

I've got the paint stick thingamabob, too. It works really good, but you still have to go back to the paint can every so often to re-fill it. I've stuck the power roller intake in a 5 gallon bucket and I ran out of steam before the roller ran out of paint

btw - when I bought mine, Home Depot had better pricing than Lowes.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #18
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I have a Wagner power roller... I'll never go back to painting full rooms any other way.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #19
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

I'm cheap I use rollers. Not bad, pick a day when you have nothing else to do and go at it.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I have a Wagner power roller... I'll never go back to painting full rooms any other way.
The cool thing is the reach (96'' I think), with that kind of reach I can basically eliminate the need for a ladder. To each their own but not going back to the pan every 10 minutes has got to be worth something and you'll have it forever...