Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

that is f'king great.

I need to get me one of those.
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #42
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Well, I emailed Aerostich about posting my video on their website after Laura sent it to them and that I was ok with it if they wanted to. I got a reply back from Andy Goldfine, who is the founder and owner of Aerostich. Looks like I'll get a little piece of the satisfied customer section of their website once it goes live.

Response below:

Tracy, Your video is great. I'm glad your Roadcrafter has met your requirements, and hope it will continue to do so for many years and thousands of miles. We don't represent the Roadcrafter as a waterproof suit in our marketing materials. Although the fabric is waterproof, and all of the seams are sealed, the main entry zipper can leak in some situations. Your Hayabusa's overall design minimizes this, and in the car wash video your body position further minimized the chances for a leak. Later this year we are probably going to add a place on the Aerostich website where our customers can share or link to videos. When this part of the website is functioning, we will add a link to yours -- I'm sure many other aerostich suit owners would enjoy seeing it. I appreciate your business, your interest in our company and products, and most of all, your encouragement. Thank you, and good riding! If you are ever riding in our area, I hope you'll be able to visit us in person.

Andy Goldfine
Aero Design & Manufacturing Company Inc.
Aero Dist. / Aerostich Tours / Aerostich-Riderwearhouse
Old 05-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #43
t-homo
WSB Champion

badass.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #44
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Well, I emailed Aerostich about posting my video on their website after Laura sent it to them and that I was ok with it if they wanted to. I got a reply back from Andy Goldfine, who is the founder and owner of Aerostich. Looks like I'll get a little piece of the satisfied customer section of their website once it goes live.

Response below:

Tracy, Your video is great. I'm glad your Roadcrafter has met your requirements, and hope it will continue to do so for many years and thousands of miles. We don't represent the Roadcrafter as a waterproof suit in our marketing materials. Although the fabric is waterproof, and all of the seams are sealed, the main entry zipper can leak in some situations. Your Hayabusa's overall design minimizes this, and in the car wash video your body position further minimized the chances for a leak. Later this year we are probably going to add a place on the Aerostich website where our customers can share or link to videos. When this part of the website is functioning, we will add a link to yours -- I'm sure many other aerostich suit owners would enjoy seeing it. I appreciate your business, your interest in our company and products, and most of all, your encouragement. Thank you, and good riding! If you are ever riding in our area, I hope you'll be able to visit us in person.

Andy Goldfine
outstanding

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #45
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

That's pretty cool - nicely crafted reply.

Tracy - you're not gonna believe this.

Quote:
Yesterday, 10:07 AM
***Sold*** Aerostich Roadcrafter One Piece great condition
SOLD! Size 42, Hardly used, Great shape, Black and gray, see picture at http://gallery.me.com/rv_pilot#100144 Asking $400.00"
Popped up on ADVrider & it's the exact size which A/S's sizing tool recommends for me, and 1 of 2 color patterns (or lack thereof) which I would have ordered myself if buying new. Is that coincidence/fate, or what?!? Look familiar?

You make a great salesman!
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:56 PM   #46
G-Rex
Where to next?

That's awesome Kerry! You got a smokin' deal at $400! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_129 View Post
That's pretty cool - nicely crafted reply.

Tracy - you're not gonna believe this.

Popped up on ADVrider & it's the exact size which A/S's sizing tool recommends for me, and 1 of 2 color patterns (or lack thereof) which I would have ordered myself if buying new. Is that coincidence/fate, or what?!? Look familiar?

You make a great salesman!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #47
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:

Response below:

Andy Goldfine
"thousands of miles"???? WTF??? They hope your suit last another 2 days.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #48
G-Rex
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
"thousands of miles"???? WTF??? They hope your suit last another 2 days.

James
Unlike most gear these days, Aerostich does not design their suits with a short lifespan in mind.

My suit is about 4 years old and has 40,000+ miles under it's belt. It is in excellent condition and I do expect to get many more years and thousands of miles out of it.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:03 AM   #49
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Unlike most gear these days, Aerostich does not design their suits with a short lifespan in mind.

My suit is about 4 years old and has 40,000+ miles under it's belt. It is in excellent condition and I do expect to get many more years and thousands of miles out of it.
That suit has done you well. I have a feeling that you will have that suit till you decide you want something new just because rather then because it wore out.

BTW I loved the video. I think you need to give it the brush car wash test next.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote