Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #41
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

I've hit several birdies.

And one squirrel.

The birdies were easier.

JC
Old 04-11-2009, 03:21 PM   #42
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I found my hybrids very hard to get used to and still don't hit them very well. They take a lot of practice.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #43
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Can't be any worse than any other club I hit.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #44
Flexin
AMA Supersport

i hit a beautiful shot with the first hybird i used on a course.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:36 AM   #45
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I was told i'd have an easier time with a higher loft because im still learning to swing consistently. The driver I had was a 9.5. I didnt have bad swing speed, but my ball wasnt popping up, just low and straight on a good shot.

Most of my driving gets done on the range, because I dont get to use it much on the course.
The higher loft just adds more margin for error. as your clubs get a higher loft, the amount of sidespin they create is reduced due to the impact of the surface and the direction it's travelling. I use a 9 degree driver and can get the ball up in the air because I've learned to hit the ball slightly on the upswing, you'll notice as you get better you'll be able to hit the same shot with a lower degree loft, just further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I've always thought golf would be fun. Wish it had been a guys sport in the spring, so i would have played that. Wasn't giving up football for it though. I might get a set of clubs in the next few years and see what happens.
In my opinion, the funnest thing about golf is just being outside for four hours. that and the fact its a sport in which it is acceptable to drink DURING the event. And doing donuts in the golf carts on dewy mornings.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:44 AM   #46
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post

In my opinion, the funnest thing about golf is just being outside for four hours. that and the fact its a sport in which it is acceptable to drink DURING the event. And doing donuts in the golf carts on dewy mornings.
Those are pretty much the exact reasons I want to learn.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #47
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

one of my favorite outings was the day i played "beer-a-hole". it was a blast, we only got to about the 16th hole before we flipped a golf cart over into a small stream and had to sneak off the golf corse.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #48
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
one of my favorite outings was the day i played "beer-a-hole". it was a blast, we only got to about the 16th hole before we flipped a golf cart over into a small stream and had to sneak off the golf corse.
We had a tourney put on by a few local bars that I played on a couple years back... The beer was free, and every 3 holes you had to take a shot... Made for quite an interesting round. Hooters sponsored the shot girls to sit on every 3rd hole and drive around and sell shots. This was all for charity, so you can imagine 130 drunk people attempting to play golf and win pretty nice prizes.
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #49
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

I played at Longbow in Mesa, Arizona for a wedding. Just all the guys in the wedding party and the family members.

The one cousin stopped at a gas station on the way and fit a whole 30 pack in his golf bag. We got there, and the young kids came out.... asking to take our bags to the cart and shine them. Jesse would not let that bag go for anything. The poor kid would probably not have been able to pick up the damn bag.... it actually had 2 sets of clubs in it as well as the 30 beers.

We drank beer all day, and every 3 holes or so, we would leave 2 beers on the tee box for the group behind us. In the clubhouse after 18 the guys came up and were laughing, muttering something about a magical "beer fairy" dropping beers. Jesse has always been known as the beer fairy since.....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote