Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-11-2009, 01:25 AM   #51
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Dont say that, those funky rheum diseases can be messy. Stabbings and gsw's are easier to manage. last thing I want to see is a lupus pt who looks sick. bad things usualy happen to them and doesnt end well

Tom

You're not one of those that believes that most of those who come in ER drugseeking, say they have Fibromyalgia are full of shit? Or have I gotten the wrong disease? I know it's fibro-something.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:33 AM   #52
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
You're not one of those that believes that most of those who come in ER drugseeking, say they have Fibromyalgia are full of shit? Or have I gotten the wrong disease? I know it's fibro-something.
Its one of them, surprisingly we dont see too many drug seekers here. Plus since I work in a predominantly black community its easier to fake a sickle cell pain crisis. Most of us in the Er just give the sicklers whatever they want but we also know a lot of the regulars who have the disease.

I think more of what I see is usualy cured with a work note than anything else though.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:02 AM   #53
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Its one of them, surprisingly we dont see too many drug seekers here. Plus since I work in a predominantly black community its easier to fake a sickle cell pain crisis. Most of us in the Er just give the sicklers whatever they want but we also know a lot of the regulars who have the disease.

I think more of what I see is usualy cured with a work note than anything else though.

Tom
Ahhh.... gotcha. Quite a few of the medblogs I read bring it up often and believe alot of the people who come in claiming it are drug seekers, especially since they ask for certain narcotics by name, swearing nothing else works but that.

Personally, I never heard of it until I started reading medblogs and have yet to run across someone who actually has it.

Speaking of which, it's past time to see if there's any new posts in the 40-something blogs I read on a daily basis.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:26 AM   #54
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Ahhh.... gotcha. Quite a few of the medblogs I read bring it up often and believe alot of the people who come in claiming it are drug seekers, especially since they ask for certain narcotics by name, swearing nothing else works but that.

Personally, I never heard of it until I started reading medblogs and have yet to run across someone who actually has it.

Speaking of which, it's past time to see if there's any new posts in the 40-something blogs I read on a daily basis.
i can see something like that or restless leg syndrome being an easy thing to fake for pain meds. Some of the tell tale signs can be: they know pharmacology better than you, tell you only drug X works, and theyre convieniently allergic to all the others.

Some diseases are more prevelant in certain races/ethnicities so you may be exposed to some diseases more than others depending on where you are. Here I see a lot of people with sickle cell but if I go to a predominantly white community you will never see it. The nice thing about being in a hell hole like this is we see a lot of good medicine, some of the more obscure diseases, and we see a lot of them run its course (high blood pressure and diabetics the most) you dont see as much of it in the cush suburban ER's.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:22 AM   #55
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

"Idiopathic, from the Latin meaning we're idiots cause we can't figure out what's causing it."