derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man
Default Good story about how the internet ruined the world

http://www.shirky.com/weblog/2009/03...e-unthinkable/
Old 03-22-2009, 03:54 AM   #2
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Yea that's why I don't read newspapers that's was one long fucking article son. Could you nut shell it for a brother?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:04 AM   #3
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Newspapers tried to find a way around loosing their content to the free digital world, and in attempting to keep their old business model on the new digital medium just put an extra nail in the coffin.

The RIAA tried to do the same thing by suing everyone involved, and are failing miserable.

The big question is what is the next non digital medium to be moved onto the digital world that will have the old business model fight to the death clawing and scratching its way into the ground while the new digital world shoves its foot down the old business models mouth and punches it with a big can of shut the fuck up lay down and die so I can butt rape you because I am like that chick in indiana with the dog, except there is no dog, you are the dog and I'm not a chick, just a dude with a schlong and a computer. Ok this last part wasnt nearly true but it sorta is.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:56 AM   #4
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Newspapers tried to find a way around loosing their content to the free digital world, and in attempting to keep their old business model on the new digital medium just put an extra nail in the coffin.

The RIAA tried to do the same thing by suing everyone involved, and are failing miserable.

The big question is what is the next non digital medium to be moved onto the digital world that will have the old business model fight to the death clawing and scratching its way into the ground while the new digital world shoves its foot down the old business models mouth and punches it with a big can of shut the fuck up lay down and die so I can butt rape you because I am like that chick in indiana with the dog, except there is no dog, you are the dog and I'm not a chick, just a dude with a schlong and a computer. Ok this last part wasnt nearly true but it sorta is.
Thanks! I guess television...they fought cable and lost for the most part, then they fought satellite and lost,now Hulu getting bigger and I get email from pconmytv.com EVERY FUCKING DAY! Shit I watched 50 episodes of Naruto in the last few crappy weather days!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

I highly recommend the following movie, as it explains why the previous distribution and copyrights models no longer apply, and what direction ALL publishers of IP content will have to head in if they hope to survive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpXK8mDTiNg