Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #31
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
why is it different? if your willing to pay that amount... then why push? I understand that houses are overpriced... even in this market... but that shouldn't change what you feel is a good price.
It won't change what I feel is a good price.

Once the price is settled, it shouldn't change.

However, like bmblebee mentioned there are thousands of dollars in incidental expenses besides the purchase price of the home. Why let the seller (or her agent) decide that they are calling the shots?

Every hundred dollars adds up into real money that can be spent making your new house a home.

For years, sellers and their agents raked in easy money by placing a For Sale sign in the front yard. If, now, they have to work a little harder or sacrifice a bit of coin to make the deal go through, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #32
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmblebee View Post
Have you ever tried to buy or sell a motorcycle? Every buyer tells you your bike is trash and they are doing you a favor buying it from you...until they are selling that cherry, never raced, never dropped fine collector's quality piece of machinery
not a motorcycle... but a few cars... and yes... I know what you're talking about.

that's why when I buy I don't do that shit... ask Trip's bro... he had a good price on the bike... one that I was good with... I did have one request that I could make payments over a month and a half... he was more than happy to accommodate me... in reality... he was in a tough spot and I probably could have gotten a loan and bought the bike for a grand less than he was asking... but why?

oh well... enough hijacking...

congrats Tommy... got any pics?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #33
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
that's why when I buy I don't do that shit... ask Trip's bro... he had a good price on the bike... one that I was good with... I did have one request that I could make payments over a month and a half... he was more than happy to accommodate me... in reality... he was in a tough spot and I probably could have gotten a loan and bought the bike for a grand less than he was asking... but why?
Because money is tough to come by.

I make a very handsome income and a thousand dollars is a lot of money to me.

I have paid more than market price for a bike that I wanted. I had to have it NOW. I also know that negotiating is more difficult if it is a friend or a brother of a friend. That is why I won't negotiate with friends.

There are always circumstances behind any transaction but I can't imagine paying 13% more for something just because the seller asked me to.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote