Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr
Default My name is Mark Kirk and I am awesome MOH winner

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_598095.html
]
http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/...ry-resume.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
goof2
AMA Supersport

Fuck that scumbag.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Fuck that scumbag.
Mark Kirk is so awesome that he slipped the tip in while you slept and won an award from the Adult film industry as best new actor.

In summary, Mark Kirk already fucked you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Mark Kirk is so awesome that he slipped the tip in while you slept and won an award from the Adult film industry as best new actor.

In summary, Mark Kirk already fucked you.
Is that why it hurts when I sit down?
Old 06-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Lynchin's too good for him
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Wow, what a dumfuck
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #7
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Isn't there a law, or something?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:34 AM   #8
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Isn't there a law, or something?
Nope, he has to claim an unearned medal first, though I still think that law is BS.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #9
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Nope, he has to claim an unearned medal first, though I still think that law is BS.
You can buy that shit all day long at a US mint. I remember taking a trip to one in school and bought a Viet-God-Damn-Nam medal. Freaking charlie was everywhere so I grabbed my toothpick and chizzled away at their jugulars one by one... sorry I get flashbacks sometimes.

I don't really give a fuck if he did exactly what he said. All I give a shit about is if he is going to stay out of my life so I can continue my BS stories too. Him being a politician, I doubt he wants to stay out of my life.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #10
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Statement by Captain Clay Fearnow, United States Navy (Retired), Former Commanding Officer, VAQ-209

June 1st, 2010

As a retired Navy Captain and Mark Kirk’s commanding officer during Operation Allied Force, there are two things that have deeply troubled me since I read the Washington Post’s story about Mark’s intelligence officer award.

First, the complete lack of a benefit of the doubt – the idea that someone could make an honest mistake has become so foreign that the immediate assumption has become – you misrepresented or worse you lied. In Mark’s case neither is factual.

And second, that an honest mistake related to the identification of a military award is the same as pretending to be in Vietnam when you were not. This also doesn’t apply to Mark Kirk

Mark Kirk served under my command in Aviano, Italy, during Operation Allied Force – the Kosovo campaign. For his exceptional service as the lead intelligence officer of a combat intelligence action team – the largest EA-6B intelligence shop in the history of naval aviation which he assembled – I nominated then Lieutenant Commander Kirk for a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal and the Rufus L. Taylor Intelligence Award. He received both.

When I nominated Mark for the Rufus Taylor award I thought it was more specific to Mark and not his team. But the reality is, there would have been no team without Mark Kirk’s leadership and there certainly would have been no award. I can certainly understand why he would have referred to this award over the years as intelligence officer of the year – it’s how I viewed the award. And in actuality, the two awards in question are of equal stature and significance.

Mark Kirk is the finest intelligence officer I have ever served with – hands down. His wealth of knowledge during this conflict put him in a position to take charge of intelligence members from the four deployed squadrons and meld them into a combat intelligence action team.

Any suggestion that Mark Kirk did not earn or receive the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal and the Rufus L. Taylor Intelligence Award is incorrect. I would further add, assertions I’ve seen that Mark Kirk embellished or exaggerated his record are ridiculous – he is one of the finest Naval Officers I have had the honor to work with. His intelligence, leadership skills, and keen understanding of global affairs are an asset that the Navy and, today, the Congress are fortunate to enjoy.

Still bs IMO. I can assure you he didn't forget the correct name of his medal. Probably told his aides to call it Intelligence Officer of the Year because he was afriad that the "Rufus L Taylor Award" wouldn't make an impact.

Last edited by Homeslice; 06-06-2010 at 10:10 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote