Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09
Default tommymac - closing?

What's the word? Did she get her stuff in order and make the closing date or still postponed?
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
tommymac
Moto GP Star

this is fucking ridiculous, but I guess this is what I get for not handling it myself. All ht permit stuff was squared away yesterday so they said we could go wed or thurs. Ok fine thurs is better because of work. Now the missus calls and tells me theyre looking at next wednesday and I am like WTF. its one bullshit thing after another here. Le tkaren run point on some of this since her friends at work are helping us but I have not at all been impressed with any of this. First they tell us early june so I set my schedule with more free time then now that doesnt happen and I have bacloaded the month so finding free days to do this is going to be tough.

I told them from the get go I need an accurate time frame because of my work schedule because I cannot take off that easily from the Er and if I miss shifts here I loose money. I dont want to here so and so was sick or this one wont call me back anymore. i am of fon thurs so I will go out on my own and find them ad get answers if need be. Our loan commitment is up on the 26th so i dont need any more bullshit delays that casue us to go over that esp since we have been ready to move for over a month now.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
wildchild
cruiser

well I sure hope it gets easier for you as you get farther into home ownership. Sounds like a nightmare right now but it'll even out as you go.

I have a buddy who is in the same predicament right now but on the opposite side. They're selling and the buyer is all over the place on dates.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I do wonder if some of this is stalling on the sellers part, she seems kinda ditzy to begin with so that could play into it. I did voice my obvious displeasure with all this and how these lame excuses/delays are unacceptable. Ialso wan tot know what they will do to compensate us for all this BS becasue god know come time to get paid they want their checks right away. Figured I should half ass the payments like these clowns did to us in providing a good service.

Tom
Old 06-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I wouldnt think your seller would stall, honestly, what would be her reasoning? Most of the time when closings are delayed its because people/groups in the inner workings arent doing their jobs. Like lenders havent gotten attorney/closer the paperwork to close the deal, surveyors havent done the survey, inspectors havent done inspections, there were termites and it has to be treated, inspector found issues that have to be fixed, there is a cloud on title (meaning somewhere, sometime someone didnt pay something and there is a sort of lien on the property), the list goes on and on...it does however sound like they arent being upfront and honest. WHen you talk to them, ask them to tell you EXACTLY what the delay is, no wishy washy BS.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #6
wildchild
cruiser

actually when I bought mine the seller jacked around because a realtor hinted they may have another offer coming. He had verbally accepted mine as he was out of state.
The other offer did come in and he accepted theirs in writing. I learned two things about buying houses that day. screw the seller, and their word means shit.
two weeks later they called us back to say the buyer couldn't get financed. Ah screw the seller time. I gave him two hours to accept my terms in writing, lowered the price and had him pay all closing costs.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
actually when I bought mine the seller jacked around because a realtor hinted they may have another offer coming. He had verbally accepted mine as he was out of state.
The other offer did come in and he accepted theirs in writing. I learned two things about buying houses that day. screw the seller, and their word means shit.
two weeks later they called us back to say the buyer couldn't get financed. Ah screw the seller time. I gave him two hours to accept my terms in writing, lowered the price and had him pay all closing costs.

Good for you!! Sounds like the realtor violated some laws and ethics codes there and you might have had a decent law suit. Tommy, you do have a written contract right?! It should state a no later than date for closing...and if thats changed, then there has to be a written addendum to contract else the contract is void.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #8
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Good for you!! Sounds like the realtor violated some laws and ethics codes there and you might have had a decent law suit. Tommy, you do have a written contract right?! It should state a no later than date for closing...and if thats changed, then there has to be a written addendum to contract else the contract is void.
All our stuff is written, we did get rooked out of another house, we agreed on price and everything and the day before we were going to have the inspector come in they told us they had another buyer. Basically the other buyer did not have an agent and we did so the bitch wanted the whole comission

The owner now is moving into a retirement like community and originally there were some sortof delays there, but what I was told was thats all done and she was kind of non challant about leaving. She was like oh I guess late june early july and had this whatever attitude about it.

I called the fiancee out on this in that people arent doing their job here and she defended them saying its sooo hard to get everyone together. Bullshit this is what they do for a living they can make it happen when they want to.

Problem here is shes friends/coworkers withthese people so they may figure ok we can dick around a bit and it will be ok as opposed to a customer off the street. I have 2 other lawyers who woul dhelp me if the commitment date wasnt so close I would have one of them take over. obviously my mistake was not taking a more active role in all this.

Tom
Old 06-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #9
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Damn Tommy, you could have built a house faster.

Well, Ok, not you, but somebody.

JC
Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #10
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Damn Tommy, you could have built a house faster.

Well, Ok, not you, but somebody.

JC
Arent you a carpenter when youre not out performing miracles

tom