Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-31-2010, 09:34 AM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Default Ever have that feeling...

That you're chasing your own shadow?

I tell ya last week was hell. I worked 60 hrs at work. And I don't mean Marko style of just being there. Honest 60hrs...

Plus, dealing with art van for new furniture...

Plus dealing with Caveman and his HID job that took another 10hrs of my life last week.

And before Cave's HIDs, I installed 2 new storm doors... which I must say are great!!!

Here's the before. The front door had the 1 piece glass or screen that you always had to store one someplace = suck. Plus I don't want a full screen with the dog, he'll run thru it one day, so I had a metal mesh thing over it...

No side garage door so with dog in back yard, couldn't leave inside door open for breeze.

Lowe's had IN STOCK storm doors on sale for 15% off, so I found what I wanted at a local but not closest to my house lowes. Plus I got a 10% off coupon...

Picked up both Larson doors with lifetime warrenties for $400

The front is full view like the old one but the glass slides down and as it does, it rolls down the screen. AWESOME

Plus the new trick, step on to hold door open jobber. Then simply push door further open and it releases. no more leaning down to pull metal tab BS.

Side door had its own complications, including working alone for the most part. At this point I needed somebody to hold the door but I was by myself... hmmmm....

Thank you sears mc jack

This one here I just wanted a door. Went with a Larson but cheaper vynal door, but has same trick roll down screen. Again just so I can get a better breeze in the garage

Finishes off the side of the garage nicely

Oh and Friday, Uma got her 4 wisdom teeth surgically removed. So Friday evening while working on Cave's bike I had to take care of wifey too. Then all night Fri & sat night. Every 3 hrs I got up, got her the next set of pills, gave them to her and went back to bed. Remembering I'm also working 60hrs this week plus 10 on Cave's bike.

The art van dilly...

Wifey and I buy a new couch and 2 new chairs on sunday. She's out of town last Monday/Tues on biz. So we pick em up Wed after work... get them home. One of the chairs is the wrong one. I call then go bk with the wrong chair. My chair went to somebody elses house with a swivel base (I had a simple rocker) and I got their chair with my rocker base. Other guy brings back my chair and the kid that has never done the base swap/install does it. hmmm... 2.5 +/- hrs later I finally got my chair home. At this point I've spent 4hrs at Art Van today, so they give me a $25 gift card and take $50 off my bill... that's good enough, they took care of the problem... right?

After putting new chair in the house, I help the neighbor load up a tv. Get back home, wife says there's something wrong with THE chair I just brought home. I rock on it and sure enough it thumps and moves badely. I flip over both (2 of the same chairs) and the kid installed a bracket backwards, so i fix that... nope still f'ed, I try to adjust the base... nope... F'ed. I call them at 1130pm cause they are open till midnight doing some wierd sale late night thing. "Just get me a new chair" I tell them... no problem. It will be here friday.

I load up THE chair and take it back. Some screw up, warahouse didn't bring my new chair. They'll deliever it Sat free of charge. This is BS I tell them. Talk them into giving me another gift card and a big chunk off an end table I was eyeing up... cash in my first $25 GC... get dat shit. Finally pick that up last night... along with a storage ottaman from Home Goods. Living room finally done. Grrr what a week and a half.

Oh did I mention I've worked every day since the Aug 16th? My next sked day off... ready... Sep 24th. 4 days off, then another month straight with no days off...

So you now know why I haven't been posting... but I have dedicated this week to chilling. Maybe with some more riding... bike night maybe... who knows. Oh... and I need to drink.

Last edited by Trip; 08-31-2010 at 11:24 AM..
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
Rider
Moto GP Star

I know exactly how you feel. Try adding 2 very active kids to the mix. Just running my daughter to cheerleading and my son to football is killing my evenings. Storm doors look good BTW.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Holy shit. Your condition is worse than I thought.

Btw I have that same style door. Love them.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I too have that same style door - the retracting screen is the greatest function.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:49 AM   #6
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Good lookin doors
Old 08-31-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

sounds like an average week here as well. I love living in the country but 100 year old houses aren't exactly pay and play. they are always needing something.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
(That image was huge... I'm not copying it. Suffice it to say my link plays off the Summer's Eve theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH579yhaA6o

And yes, Gas... I know what you're talking about, but I'm not talented enough to snap pictures while riding.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:56 PM   #9
tommymac
Moto GP Star

marko style of work thats great

We could use a new door as well but thats miles down on my to do list
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #10
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

thanks for the update fuckstick.. can i have that 3 minutes of my life back?

you mistake me for someone who gives a fuck..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote