Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600
Default Who has put their resume up online?

So I just put my resume up again on Monster.com and a couple of other site and I have gotten 4 messages over the course of the day, all of them appear to be interested in my resume and looking to have me in for an interview.

A couple of them just ooze of shadyness but one of them seems like a legit offer, in fact I may call them back tomorrow and find out more about them. I even applied for a couple jobs only to get online responses of "This position is filled but because you are so fucking awesome I am going to let you have this job". Which of course ends up being some scam in which I receive money, simply take my cut and pass it on.

Basically my question to other is, any ever tried these spontaneous offers? They all seem like bullshit sales offers and right now is not the time for me to run around Atlanta and go to gimick sales gigs but I don't know how much longer I can last.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #2
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Never tried 'em. Only have gone to interviews for real businesses that I can walk into and know about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

I have my resume up on Monster, Careerbuilder, Jobing, Dice, Hotjobs, Sologigs, Beyond, thingamajob, jobsniper, job.com, and a resume of sorts on linkedin. I might have even forgotten some. All I can say is, I've not gotten any response I'm intersted in from any of those.

I have sent out at least 150 resumes to postings I've found on the above and craigslist. I've had 2 calls for phone interviews, one which led to an in person interview about which I'm still waiting for the call for the 3rd interview. I have gotten a shitload of email about insurance sales jobs from various agencies. But, I'm not a sales person so they just annoy me.

All I can say is I figure its the law of averages, especially in this economy. The more people who might maybe see your resume, the greater your odds of getting a job, is how I see it. The position I interviewed for in person had 300 resume responses though, so, employers have a lot of shit to sift through as well. All in all, searching for a new job is a total pain in the ass and I hate it. Good luck to you though!

PS: I've been out of work for a month and a half. ONE interview. I'm over-qualified for a lot of what I'm applying for though, and I know it.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
spierce
Kneedragger

Moto: 2007 GSXR 600

i need to but don't yet
spierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
SoFlaSV
Guinness Bitches...

Moto: '00 SV650

I'm with 2up on this. Lots of spam and very few legitimate responses.
SoFlaSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #6
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

most of the responses I got were for direct sales or selling of some sort. But I have to apply for 3 jobs a week and it's a great way to do that - even if there are ZERO jobs in my area!

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #7
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

I was recruited for the job I have now from Monster.com. I get good benefits and great pay(almost double what I made in Michigan). I still get companies trying to set up interviews 2 years later, legit interviews. I get an occaisional spam, but nothing terrible. I recommend whole heartedly. Oh yeah...I'm a CNC machinist specializing in Full Nuclear Controls.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!

Last edited by TommyHotWheel; 12-17-2008 at 08:09 PM..
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #8
ducati_atx
Yuppie Prick

As someone who has a recruiter that calls on Monster resumes - if you are getting any email that is "we have the job fo you" prior to an interview in this job market - its a scam. Even in the shit-hot times, that never happened.
ducati_atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:34 PM   #9
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

About 9-10 years ago I got a few calls and/or emails from headhunting agencies because of my Monster resume. They had a couple specific jobs in mind, so I don't see what's so unusual about it. Pretty easy to tell if it's a legitimate agency, all you have to do is google it.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:58 PM   #10
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I keep mine up just to see what's out there... In Ohio I'd get hits every so often, not so much in Orlando... Mostly spam here it seems.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote