Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
jgalt
Canyon Carver

Default Annoying Co-workers.

So I work with a self righteous, lying idiot. He is ultra christian, but I guess in his bible lying about work you have not done is not a sin. Rolleyes! About midday, I smash his little finger in a server rack, and he cries like a girl. So I didn't release the pressure right away once I noticed his finger was stuck. lol I am cracking up while I type. So that was fun, but it was an accident. I notice he is wiring up a circuit that goes to a piece of equipment that provides 220. We unplug the cards to keep from getting shocked while we wire, then plug in the card. So I go plug in his cards for him. I am just a nice guy like that. A few minutes later, I hear "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!, I thought I unplugged those cards." LOLOLOLOL So I say, "I guess you forgot! That hurts doesn't it!"

Moral of the story: Don't be an ass at work.
jgalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

So basically you came on the internet to post that you knowingly caused at least one safety related injury to your fellow coworker. I would have your ass fired on spot. Electricity is not a joke, especially at 220.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Electricity is not a joke, especially at 220.
My friend Tom was electrocuted fatally with 110VAC.
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #4
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Meanwhile, across town, at www.servertechniciansforchrist.com....

So I work with an evil sinner. He is ultra going to hell, but I guess that reading a lot of Kurt Vonnegut novels makes him feel special. Rolleyes! About midday, he smashes my little finger in the server rack, but I made not a sound, for I know the good LORD is watching after my finger. lol I am praying for him while I type. So that hurt, and I know he did it on purpose. I notice that he's watching me wire up a circuit that goes to a piece of equipment that provides, ( much like the LORD) 220. We unplug the cards to avoid rapture while we wire, then plug in the card. So he goes and plugs the card in for me. He's just a damned soul like that. A few minutes later, I hear "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! !!!, I thought you would have died by now. LOLOLOLOL So I say, "Jesus loves you. Shock me again!"

Moral of the story: I wish I was Jewish.

JC
Old 12-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #5
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
My friend Tom was electrocuted fatally with 110VAC.
It's nasty shit.

I live and breath electrical safety every day at work. I would hate to see anyone of the crew no matter how much I dislike them that works on the circuit breaker program I oversee get injured from an arc flash. I have had a 250vdc burn, it's not pretty and was on my hand for a long damn time.

I am all for playing pranks to keep work fun, but injuring someone isn't funny. Posting about doing it at work is a really bad idea.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #6
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

What you did was pretty fucked up. I work for a subcontracter of AT&T and am constantly working around power, gas, etc. It's no fucking joke at all. Luckily for us when we get hit with 1,000,000volts we die instantly.

I normally work with 3 other people and I get along with them great. Two of them AT&T workers in the T-40s (big bucket trucks) doing ariel work. One guy is outright nuts. A good buy but crazier than hell (Old Harley/triumph rider from the 70s. Did every drug known to man). I think he's awesome though and we love working together. The other AT&T guy is my best friend. His daughters are like sisters to me. Then another guy with my company we call Crazy Larry. He has 8 teeth total and sounds cajun. You can hardly understand him but I've never met anyone tougher in my life (Even at 65years old). If he lost his leg he'd just shrug it off and keep on working.

Most of my co-workers are ex-cons (Or illegal Mexicans) but they are all great people.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:47 PM   #7
Trip
Hold mah beer!

1 MegaVolt? Where in the world are you working with one megavolt? The most TVA has is 500kV. We have people that have been hit with 161kV and lived. We have had others blow arms, legs, crotches off. Some pretty nasty stuff. Volts aren't much of a concern anyway, it's the amps that pack a punch.

On another interesting note, I have held a powerline that was hot at 161kV in my hand. It was one of the most interesting sensations I have ever felt. Even though we were at same potential, it still kinda vibrated and gave off a very odd sensation.
Quote:
Old 12-12-2008, 10:49 PM   #8
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalt View Post
So I work with a self righteous, lying idiot. He is ultra christian, but I guess in his bible lying about work you have not done is not a sin. Rolleyes! About midday, I smash his little finger in a server rack, and he cries like a girl. So I didn't release the pressure right away once I noticed his finger was stuck. lol I am cracking up while I type. So that was fun, but it was an accident. I notice he is wiring up a circuit that goes to a piece of equipment that provides 220. We unplug the cards to keep from getting shocked while we wire, then plug in the card. So I go plug in his cards for him. I am just a nice guy like that. A few minutes later, I hear "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!, I thought I unplugged those cards." LOLOLOLOL So I say, "I guess you forgot! That hurts doesn't it!"

Moral of the story: Don't be an ass at work.
So there are two guys were I work as a server. One is a selfrighteous ultra christian idiot, the other one is an evil sinner. The ultra christian gets his finger stuck on me and the sinner smashes it. Not fun - don't tell me it was an accident. Rolleyes! They unplugged me, while they wired me with good 220juice, but both are idiots and managed to shock each other (one claims only the christian dude got shocked, but I know better.)

Moral of the story: these guys are a bunch of asses!

Best regards
your server

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #9
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

if you hate your coworkers so much, just declare jihad on them and suicide bomb the place. problem solved, sadistic hateful ass is gone, as is biblethumper and his cult of followers. done.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:26 AM   #10
jgalt
Canyon Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
So basically you came on the internet to post that you knowingly caused at least one safety related injury to your fellow coworker. I would have your ass fired on spot. Electricity is not a joke, especially at 220.
Then you would be left with one tech who fucks up everything he touches. Probably should not have, but I am sick of doing a lot more work due to total incompetence. Thank God for unions. We get nipped in that bay all the time, so it isn't as bad it sounds.
jgalt is offline   Reply With Quote