Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #81
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Thanks Krabill, I think I need to be sick now...

Tig you know he was only ribbing ya, quit acting like you actually take things personally!

I've got a pair of the draggin jeans, and I hate them. Im not so worried bout the "cool" factor of how they look, but they are the most uncomfortable jeans, mainly because I swear they reach up to my ears. Definitely not something I want to wear on a nice sunday cruise...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #82
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
Here's a good one. Guy gets his wife on her first "real" ride. Since they wouldn't be going far and would be going slow, he didn't ask her to put on her overpants. She was wearing her jeans.

You mean like the short trip YOU took to the bank Thurs wearing your jeans?

Yuck but I've seen worse from bicycling or rollerblading. Beside, that's not an "abrasion" injury, that's some kind of cut... or are you now claiming that nylon is cut proof too? Although I'd imagine that overpants could have helped... Again, I'm NOT saying that nylon/leather pants aren't better. I never have said that, not even once... I know here,

NYLON OR LEATHER RIDING PANTS ARE BETTER THAN JEANS FOR MOTORCYCLE RIDING!!!

My argument with you stems from your contention that denim jeans aren't better than nothing and your hypocrisy by doing all of this preaching about gear usage that even you don't always practice.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #83
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Sorry 'bout that.

Gives you something to think about though, huh? If she had taken the time to put on her overpants, I'm not so sure her little get-off would have even caused a bruise on her knee. Since she was wearing jeans though . . . well . . .
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #84
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Sorry 'bout that.

Gives you something to think about though, huh? If she had taken the time to put on her overpants, I'm not so sure her little get-off would have even caused a bruise on her knee. Since she was wearing jeans though . . . well . . .
U huh... you're not going to answer are you? Typical.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #85
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Sorry 'bout that.

Definitely true, and something I do think about when I go out in my jeans. Things like that arent very far from my mind, but I file them under the "risks I take" by even riding a bike.

Morbid as it sounds tho, if I am going to do severe damage to myself on the bike, Id rather go ahead and remove myself than suffer. Very selfish of me too.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #86
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Tig you know he was only ribbing ya, quit acting like you actually take things personally!

I've got a pair of the draggin jeans, and I hate them. Im not so worried bout the "cool" factor of how they look, but they are the most uncomfortable jeans, mainly because I swear they reach up to my ears. Definitely not something I want to wear on a nice sunday cruise...
Sniffle, but Marko was was bestest friend and the person I respect most on this forum for his insight and intelligence...

Me too! I tried the Joe Rocket jeans, Sliders and Draggin jeans. I just don't like them and I'll be happy to admit that aside from the shitty fit, I hate the way they look!!! I have two pair that I like, the Shift jeans and go figure, the Icons. I keep eyeballing the Shift Havoc pants,
Old 06-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #87
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
You mean like the short trip YOU took to the bank Thurs wearing your jeans?
But I fully accept the fact that I'm going to get rashed up if I wreck in my jeans on the way to the bank. You apparently think you're wearing some "super" jeans.

Quote:
Beside, that's not an "abrasion" injury, that's some kind of cut...
It was an abrasion injury. She landed on her knee and slid forward. The hit/slide ripped her skin apart. Jeans and all. She was going really slow, it was just the bump to the ground that did it.

Quote:
My argument with you stems from your contention that denim jeans aren't better than nothing and your hypocrisy by doing all of this preaching about gear usage that even you don't always practice.
Denim will survive a couple of feet in a slide at best. You don't seem to think this is true, which I don't understand at all.

And yes, I might go 2 blocks up the street to the bank on a 25 mph street wearing jeans, but I know full well that I'm going to get some rash if I somehow manage to fall down on my way there and back. If I'm going to go faster than 25 mph or more than 2 blocks, I've got my overpants on. I wear them every single day I commute. Mesh in the summer, insulated in the winter. I ride all year round.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #88
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Quote:
I know their older styles came up high like 80's jeans and that was a total turn off for me but they look like they just came out with lower cuts that seem to be more stylish. I might give then a try...

see the skins and minx designs

http://www.dragginjeans.com.au/products/jeans/index.htm

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #89
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Definitely true, and something I do think about when I go out in my jeans. Things like that arent very far from my mind, but I file them under the "risks I take" by even riding a bike.

Morbid as it sounds tho, if I am going to do severe damage to myself on the bike, Id rather go ahead and remove myself than suffer. Very selfish of me too.
One thing that I'm sure we'll all agree on. The more gear I have on the more chances I take and the faster I'll ride. If I get on my bike wearing a t-shirt and jeans, you can be sure that I'll be taking it mighty easy...
Old 06-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #90
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Here's a good one. Guy gets his wife on her first "real" ride. Since they wouldn't be going far and would be going slow, he didn't ask her to put on her overpants. She was wearing her jeans.

good job with the matress sutures bringing that together. Must have been a bitch cleaning that thing out though.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote