Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #81
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Love ya Tig, mean it!!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #82
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Here's a blond he'll smile for!

why the long face?

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #83
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:

When'd you meet Sarah Jessica Parker?

such a cheap, easy joke

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #84
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I've never "met" any of your gf's. I've only seen pics. But from what I've seen, this one is par for the course. Oh and it wouldn't hurt to smile in your pics with her. At least try to look happy standing next to her.
Oh yea you have, you met Mellissa at Villiage Motorsports during their open house while Thew was doing a stunt show and you met Kristen at the bike show at the Devos.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #85
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey View Post
when'd you meet sarah jessica parker?

such a cheap, easy joke
hahahahahahahahahaha

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #86
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
I don't know where you're getting it from, but I haven't told anybody what to wear. I haven't made any suggestions at all. The only thing I said was jeans don't offer much more abrasion resistance than bare skin. You can make your own decisions after that. No skin off my knee.
Okay, I'll address that specifically... You are an idiot if you think that it's not better to wear jeans rather than shorts. Is that clear enough? Jeans offer a great deal of protection depending on denim weight, age, etc. Something is ALWAYS better than nothing. Only a fucking fool would suggest otherwise. Do you understand "where I'm getting it" now? You keep saying that wearing jeans isn't any better than bare skin which "implies" that you think she should be wearing something more "protective", if that is not what you are getting at, please enlighten me on what exactly you are trying to say. What's your point?

My point; in terms of protection,

thong<shorts<khakis<jeans<ballistic nylon<leather<titanium exo-skeleton
Old 06-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #87
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Thanks and yea, I don't know how they do it. I could not wear full leathers everywhere I go on the bike, it's just not gonna happen. I mean every time you go to the mall? Every quick hop to the store or Blockbuster? Up to Hooters for bike night to sit around, oogle waitresses and shoot the shit? Like I said, okay but I think that you are a little too paranoid! Heck, that would be like wearing condoms for your entire marriage. Sure it's possible she might still give you disease after 20 years but... I guess better safe than sorry.
Preeeeeeety sure you're the only one talking about full leathers. Again, it takes me less than a minute or two to gear up vs. weeks or months to heal even moderate road rash.
________
Avandia classaction

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:50 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #88
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Yea but Tater was the hotness!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #89
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Yea but Tater was the hotness!!!
Are you sure that was Tater, or was that Taters whore ex wife?
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #90
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Okay, I'll address that specifically... You are an idiot if you think that it's not better to wear jeans rather than shorts. Is that clear enough? Jeans offer a great deal of protection depending on denim weight, age, etc. Something is ALWAYS better than nothing. Only a fucking fool would suggest otherwise. Do you understand "where I'm getting it" now? You keep saying that wearing jeans isn't any better than bare skin which "implies" that you think she should be wearing something more "protective", if that is not what you are getting at, please enlighten me on what exactly you are trying to say. What's your point?

My point; in terms of protection,

thong<shorts<khakis<jeans<ballistic nylon<leather<titanium exo-skeleton
Disagree, as stated my jeans completely came apart during a ROLLERBLADE crash. 20mph tops had me in some nasty pain for a couple weeks. Those were Levi's BTW. I'm sure if I had some thick work jeans on like Dickies then they would've offered a bit more protection.

However this discussion is in regard to your girlfriend and I doubt she's wearing rugged work jeans.

I wager that in a low speed crash the type of jeans she would wear would come apart extremely quickly and offer little if any protection. My point is that jeans (especially the type manufactured for the typical female) offer so little protection she might as well just wear the shorts if she enjoys wearing them more than jeans.

But like you said, she's a squid and shorts, tanktops, etc. etc. are to be expected. Around here (105 degree Texas) I'd say about 75% of the motorcyclists dress the same way. And aside from local organized rides I'm usually the only guy on the road properly dressed.
________
THE CIGAR BOSS

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:50 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote