Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-19-2009, 07:44 AM   #71
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
shush you and go drink some sweet tea with your grits.
Grits.....YUCK!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:45 AM   #72
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Let's not get into the whole grits thing again, huh?
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:46 AM   #73
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:48 AM   #74
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
I think that the stuff we have up here uses cane sugar and most of the stuff down there is beet sugar. It's easy enough here to find Coke. In fact the whole school is a "Coke shop" so even if I liked Pepsi, which I don't, I'd have to go outside to get it.
Orly? Next time you're down this way you'll have to bring me a bottle or few.

The northern part of America is typically Pepsi country....at least the northern parts I've been in....Michigan, Winnsonsin, around the Great Lakes....I can remember being up there with my dad and about ready to throw a fit because the stores didn't have coke....only Pepsi.

Quote:

Was there a grits dicussion I missed?

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 01-19-2009, 08:08 AM   #75
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Orly? Next time you're down this way you'll have to bring me a bottle or few.

The northern part of America is typically Pepsi country....at least the northern parts I've been in....Michigan, Winnsonsin, around the Great Lakes....I can remember being up there with my dad and about ready to throw a fit because the stores didn't have coke....only Pepsi.
If you can find it down there, it's better than what I've got up here. I've never had trouble finding Coke around Huntsville or Birmingham, AL but yes, the restaurants always seemed to be Pepsi. I'll take sweet tea please

Oh, and if I want to find 'hot tea', then I have to find a Canadian. No one down there seems to have a clue that the stuff was originally made with boiling water.

Quote:
Was there a grits dicussion I missed?
Back on the 'old board' I made the mistake of stating that I thought anything that needed copious quantities of sugar, syrup, or honey in order to be palatable should be called what it is; paste. Several people told me that I just hadn't had 'good' grits.

Last edited by Papa_Complex; 01-19-2009 at 08:23 AM..
Old 01-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #76
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
If you can find it down there, it's better than what I've got up here. I've never had trouble finding Coke around Huntsville or Birmingham, AL but yes, the restaurants always seemed to be Pepsi. I'll take sweet tea please

Oh, and if I want to find 'hot tea', then I have to find a Canadian. No one down there seems to have a clue that the stuff was originally made with boiling water.

Back on the 'old board' I made the mistake of stating that I thought anything that needed copious quantities of sugar, syrup, or honey in order to be palatable should be called what it is; paste. Several people told me that I just hadn't had 'good' grits.
Duh! How can tea be hot tea if you don't get the water boiling hot first! I agree...alot of people don't drink it down here...too hot for it!...but I'll drink it occassionally and the young padawan likes it, so I know how to fix it.

Sugar in grits?!? Say it isn't so!!! That's funny because most people I know who eat grits only put butter and salt on them. Ewww.... My dad was the only person I've ever seen eat them with sugar.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 01-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #77
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Duh! How can tea be hot tea if you don't get the water boiling hot first! I agree...alot of people don't drink it down here...too hot for it!...but I'll drink it occassionally and the young padawan likes it, so I know how to fix it.

Sugar in grits?!? Say it isn't so!!! That's funny because most people I know who eat grits only put butter and salt on them. Ewww.... My dad was the only person I've ever seen eat them with sugar.
Hot tea is actually pretty good in hot weather, because it gets your body's own cooling system running. Once, down in TN I asked for hot tea and the server looked at me like I'd grown a second head. I asked how they made their sweet and unsweet tea and when she said that they brewed it from bags then iced it I said, "Just don't cool it down before giving it to me." She said that they couldn't do that

If something is getting butter, then its white rice and I'm using soya sauce, not salt.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #78
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Hot tea is actually pretty good in hot weather, because it gets your body's own cooling system running. Once, down in TN I asked for hot tea and the server looked at me like I'd grown a second head. I asked how they made their sweet and unsweet tea and when she said that they brewed it from bags then iced it I said, "Just don't cool it down before giving it to me." She said that they couldn't do that

If something is getting butter, then its white rice and I'm using soya sauce, not salt.

Bullshit. She could have....she just didn't want to. And every full service place I've worked at alway has service for hot tea for the oddballs like you.

Mmmm....buttered rice. That's something I haven't had in a while!

Quote:
Myspace
Old 01-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #79
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
You like any of the other flavors or just the original? I love the original dew but also like the red and orange ones and some of the purple/blue trial ones werent bad.
Just the plain old original. I've only had the Code Red. Never tried the others.
I dont drink much soda. Beer and water mostly.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #80
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Hot tea is actually pretty good in hot weather, because it gets your body's own cooling system running. Once, down in TN I asked for hot tea and the server looked at me like I'd grown a second head.
My grandfather often drinks scalding hot coffee after mowing the lawn in the middle of summer.