Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #71
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Not that anyone cares for my 2 cents but,I also always ran higher pressure at the track. I felt that the bike turned in slower at lower pressure plus my fat ass needed all the corner speed I could get. Heck,on the street I run 42 rear/36 front and check it every time I ride to make sure it's right. I'm one of thse retards that can tell if my tires are off a couple lbs.
That because of the big curb squirrels I've seen you have on the back.

Just fucking with you Lon
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #72
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
That because of the big curb squirrels I've seen you have on the back.

Just fucking with you Lon
Oh yea? Well I don't have a snappy comeback to that right now except... I guess I'll go ride my bike since it's 60 degrees outside! So ...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #73
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Not that anyone cares for my 2 cents but,I also always ran higher pressure at the track. I felt that the bike turned in slower at lower pressure plus my fat ass needed all the corner speed I could get. Heck,on the street I run 42 rear/36 front and check it every time I ride to make sure it's right. I'm one of thse retards that can tell if my tires are off a couple lbs.
Wow, really? Am I to assume you don't use tire warmers?

I haven't gone back through this thread to see if you've already stated what tire you prefer... which make/model?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #74
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
I can tell a few pound difference as well...however, I didn't notice a slower turn in with the lower pressure. And I was 9 pounds lower front and rear.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #75
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I can tell a few pound difference as well...however, I didn't notice a slower turn in with the lower pressure. And I was 9 pounds lower front and rear.
Yea it's probably just me. It feels funny to me so I'm more tentative in the corners.

Oh AZ I'm a bit of a slut when it comes to tires. I've tried them all just about! I'll probaby stick with the Pirellis for now. They're cheap and handle plenty good enough for my current level of riding(readld and slow).
Old 03-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #76
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Yea it's probably just me. It feels funny to me so I'm more tentative in the corners.

Oh AZ I'm a bit of a slut when it comes to tires. I've tried them all just about! I'll probaby stick with the Pirellis for now. They're cheap and handle plenty good enough for my current level of riding(read: old and slow).
Eh, being fast isn't all it's crapped up to be - I'd rather be slow and smoothe anyday.

You're at the top of the bracket for tire pressure that's even recommended by Pirelli (the chart is from their full line technical spec PDF). With the temps on the roads in your area, I can't help but think the pressure is MUCH greater as you ride through the day... if it works for you, then it works for you... but, it could present a safety issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TirePressurePirelli.jpg (35.2 KB, 4 views)

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #77
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Eh, being fast isn't all it's crapped up to be - I'd rather be slow and smoothe anyday.

You're at the top of the bracket for tire pressure that's even recommended by Pirelli (the chart is from their full line technical spec PDF). With the temps on the roads in your area, I can't help but think the pressure is MUCH greater as you ride through the day... if it works for you, then it works for you... but, it could present a safety issue.
interesting but the pressure I run is what was recommended by Suzuki in the manual so
Old 03-11-2008, 03:49 PM   #78
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
interesting but the pressure I run is what was recommended by Suzuki in the manual so
Yeah but that is OEM tire. Are you still running OEM?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #79
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
A very good point... NOW I'm used to it and happy so FUCK OFF!!! Just kidding! I'll look into but I definetly don't see a safety issue here over two lbs...I hope!
Old 03-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #80
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Plus I think that number is in case you want ride 2 up.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote