Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders > Florida Riders

Old 11-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #71
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedylocksmith View Post
It's all about being happy with yourself. I am happy with myself although some people think i'm out of shape and have a beer gut.
I am happy...most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalt View Post
When you hit a plateau, you need to make a drastic change in diet and exercise routine to shock your body!
I was hoping taking classes would help...but then I have been slacking on my cardio. My motivation sucks and unfortunately my gym buddy and I now have different work schedules so we can almost never go together. But having the classes at a set time every week for some reason works for me. I just wish I could go to more classes but none of the others fit in my schedule.
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #72
R6Chick
I haven't had that in yrs

Moto: 2004 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
15% is dangerously low for a woman.

The American College of Sports Medicine considers 18-32 percent body fat healthy for women. Anything higher can increase the risk of high blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease (especially true if you are prone to carrying excess fat around your middle). A body fat ratio below 16 percent also can be detrimental, resulting in lower estrogen levels, which can cause women to stop menstruating and lose bone density.
I never had an issues and I was eating 2 to 3 meals a day, but they were very light meals and I was very active. I think alot of those numbers depend on how your store fat. I store it in all the wrong places, like my tummy, and not anywhere good. Because of this, keeping myself lean is important for my health.

My boyfriend did say I looked too skinny in his opinion, but I miss being able to wear a size 4 or something that accents my tummy. But at least I'm super tall and can hide it well. At lot of the stuff I wear to work is actually a size 8, yuck.
R6Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:54 AM   #73
Hondahugger
Better Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedylocksmith View Post
It's all about being happy with yourself. I am happy with myself and someone else thinks I'm fine just the way I am.
fixed
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #74
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BICH View Post
LOz, every day is hard for me, I have to really think "ok I'm gonna eat right today " and Do it.
its harder for some people but it can be done,
this was me in 2002
SO I feel ya brother I'm about 40lb over that weight, set real goals and start slow !!! oh and exercise is to Key along with a Good diet !!!
Never figured you for the sundress type.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #75
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

from another source:
Losing weight and paying off credit card debt are really similar. In both cases you've got a huge gap you have to cross little by little. Losing two pounds a week isn't that different from paying off 100 dollars a week on a debt. In a sense, losing weight is like making up for exercise payments you never made. Your debt is in calories, not cash. Thankfully, your body doesn't charge interest, but the credit card companies are not so kind.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #76
vickibocc
Meh

Moto: the backseat of an '06 600rr

Well...before I get into it. Don't give me all this "Vicki you're so skinny. Shut up, etc". I know that I'm not fat. However, I am nowhere near my potential.

When I graduated HS and came to college I weighed about 120 (which was my average at the time...I'm just under 5'4" for those who don't know me).

During that first year...I def gained the freshman 15. The funny thing though, is that I was actually working out for the first time in my life to try and prevent the dreaded 15. But the combination of dorm food and constant beer intake overpowered my efforts. I came home for Thanksgiving a dreaded 135.

Once I started dating Phil (which was 2nd semester, freshman year). I stopped working out (It's just not for me lol) and stopped drinking completely. And those 15 pounds dropped fast (I also gained a cup size..which helped my body out lol).Then, I got pretty thin. I was down to 113 for a short while (where I'd ultimatly like to be again, between 110 and 115). I've gradually gone up since then. I hovered at 123 for a long time, but now I'm at around 127-128. I do not like it. Numbers nearing 130 scare me.

To many of you, these numbers seem very small. But those who know me, know that I'm a small person. I'm short, I have small wrists, small feet, a small waist. The only big thing I have is my boobs and they're only big in comparison with the rest of my body so these numbers are scary for me.

I'd be happy at 120 again, but would LOVE 110-115.

The thing is, I think I really need to work out. I don't drink soda. I don't drink beer (after I stopped I could never get back into it. it grosses me out), I don't eat fast food. I do have a VERY bad sweet tooth though. I cannot resist brownies, ice cream, cookies. Though we're trying to not buy them so they won't be in the house for me to scarf down in 1 day.

Is there any other way besides working out??? I'm one of those people that does really well for a week or 2 and then lets it go. I've never been athletic. I don't like getting sweaty. It's just not me. I was thinking of joining a dance class or something where I wouldn't really FEEL like I'm working really hard b/c it's fun. But I'd prefer something that's free lol.

Being overweight sort of runs in my family. We're not morbidly obese, but...well...we're italian...and love food. My sister has done an amazing job of fighting it and maintains a healthy 145-150 (she is about 5'8" with a somewhat macsuline build, broad shoulders, etc). Where I'm much more petite. She's done dance, yoga, etc. I think that may be what's best for me. Who knows.

Advice?? Do I need to just shut up and work out? Or is there another way??
vickibocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #77
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

stop laying there making me do all the work in bed

JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:13 PM   #78
Hondahugger
Better Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickibocc View Post
Hey, I took that Picture!!!!

And STFU!!! You're skinny enough! We love you the way that you are! You're my Cherry Pie!
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:14 PM   #79
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS518 View Post
stop laying there making me do all the work in bed

You are a dick

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote