Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #71
MILK
The cows want you dead.

My mom hates cats. She's been trapping all that come to her yard for years. They go to the pound. The neighbors actually call her if they can't find their cat. She has guns too though so they don't mess with her!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #72
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

I'm beginning to wonder if any of these techniques would work against neighbourhood KIDS. I've been contemplating remounting my scope and climbing the bell tower, but that usually doesn't go over too well.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #73
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if any of these techniques would work against neighbourhood KIDS. I've been contemplating remounting my scope and climbing the bell tower, but that usually doesn't go over too well.
Dogs usually take care of kids pretty well.. Even just rumors about your dog work..
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #74
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Dogs usually take care of kids pretty well.. Even just rumors about your dog work..
I'm in a townhouse complex, so that doesn't work too well.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:07 AM   #75
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Kids you say? Could be difficult. Legally, you can't shoot them, so guns, shotguns, and blow darts are out of the question. Traps are considered kidnapping by the man. Gonna have to go non-lethal and annoying.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:05 AM   #76
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
I dealt with that problem this summer too. They were hopping the fence at the back of my property and playing around my shed. After repeated requests to stop, I greased the top of my fence with waterproof grease. It only took a couple sets of ruined clothes, and no more kids jump my fence.

Edit: We'll also let the dogs out. It's hilarious because the kids get mad.. "You're gonna send the dog's after us?" "Nope, they're just playing in their own yard, should try it some time"..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #77
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I am with Tmall, big dogs work best with kids, even older ones. Open carrying so the neighbors can see keeps younger kids away, being the crazy guy in the neighborhood has it's advantages. People leave you the fuck alone.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #78
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I am with Tmall, big dogs work best with kids, even older ones. Open carrying so the neighbors can see keeps younger kids away, being the crazy guy in the neighborhood has it's advantages. People leave you the fuck alone.
That and I'm usually patient with them until I get the slightest attitude, then I lose my fucking mind. Shitty kids, much like shitty parents are all talk until somebody does something about it. Then it's stare at their shoes and don't say a word.

It's even better if they're just shitty kids with good parents, because you always mention talking to their mom and dad and you can tell right away if there'll be consequences at home or not. Then you just play off of that, "I will not speak to you about this anymore little boy. Go get your parents if you have something else to say..." Then it becomes, "I didn't say nuffin' mister. Honest.."
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #79
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

We have a relatively small courtyard and they play soccer in it. My patio is off the end of one of their goals, when they do. I don't have a fence, on my patio, and they frequently hammer the ball off my back door, and windows. I also keep my bike back there. It was hit, more than once. It wouldn't have been safe in my parking spot, either, because they play soccer there too.

This isn't an entire neighbourhood of kids, it's the kids from 4 houses. From just those four houses, there are something like 16 kids. Their parents don't give a damn and don't watch them. One of the parents is actually a soccer coach, who got pissed off when they were bouncing a ball off his unit's wall, but it's OK for them top screw with me. Tried talking to the parents and, rather than apologies, got lip in response. In fact the night after the talk, the kids were out there until after midnight, playing soccer. Went to the property management company and they issued an order via letter, that has been completely ignored. The area is signed, by the property management, as "no playing of athletic games." There's a soccer pitch and two baseball diamonds at the school, across the street from us. They're almost always empty.

Open carry isn't a possibility up here, even on your own property. Too bad, because my Civil War replica hawgleg is a pretty impressive size.

I'm likely going to have to put up a fence up, but I shouldn't have to. I've got a Shelter Logic shed that I use for winter storage, of my lawn furniture and barbeque, that I put up early in order to protect my bike and back door in the meanwhile. That helps, somewhat, but yesterday they hammered the soccer ball off my back windows several times again.

I'm not the only one, who is having problems with these kids. It's at least half the neighbourhood, who are tired of the kids from just 4 units controlling the place. One mother hasn't even been able to let her kids out, all summer, because they get mercilessly picked on in their own yard.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #80
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
We have a relatively small courtyard and they play soccer in it. My patio is off the end of one of their goals, when they do. I don't have a fence, on my patio, and they frequently hammer the ball off my back door, and windows. I also keep my bike back there. It was hit, more than once. It wouldn't have been safe in my parking spot, either, because they play soccer there too.

This isn't an entire neighbourhood of kids, it's the kids from 4 houses. From just those four houses, there are something like 16 kids. Their parents don't give a damn and don't watch them. One of the parents is actually a soccer coach, who got pissed off when they were bouncing a ball off his unit's wall, but it's OK for them top screw with me. Tried talking to the parents and, rather than apologies, got lip in response. In fact the night after the talk, the kids were out there until after midnight, playing soccer. Went to the property management company and they issued an order via letter, that has been completely ignored. The area is signed, by the property management, as "no playing of athletic games." There's a soccer pitch and two baseball diamonds at the school, across the street from us. They're almost always empty.

Open carry isn't a possibility up here, even on your own property. Too bad, because my Civil War replica hawgleg is a pretty impressive size.

I'm likely going to have to put up a fence up, but I shouldn't have to. I've got a Shelter Logic shed that I use for winter storage, of my lawn furniture and barbeque, that I put up early in order to protect my bike and back door in the meanwhile. That helps, somewhat, but yesterday they hammered the soccer ball off my back windows several times again.

I'm not the only one, who is having problems with these kids. It's at least half the neighbourhood, who are tired of the kids from just 4 units controlling the place. One mother hasn't even been able to let her kids out, all summer, because they get mercilessly picked on in their own yard.
Have you tried ripping the kids a new ass and deflating their ball? Don't need to destroy it, just get an inflator needle and squeeze the air out of it and tell them little bastards that next time you'll set it on fire...

Or, pay kids from another neighborhood $5 each, to bounce soccer balls off those people's windows.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote