Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #71
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Here... I'll show you.

Did you even know I had 2 guns in the same cabin as you?
yes and I knew you were carrying...ask Amorok, I am quite adept at noticing when people are armed. Comes from living in the hood and being shot...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #72
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_129 View Post
Smart policy - I agree.
yep, I've seen more than my share of drunken gun play... no thanks.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #73
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

It's not all that difficult to guess that I'm armed, everybody already knows. As for drunken gun play, all guns were unloaded and safetied when being handled. Sorry if you felt nervous, won't happen again. Mine only came out once, and that revolver was hammer locked to be mechanically incapable of firing. I know how to be safe, dude.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:44 AM   #74
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
It's not all that difficult to guess that I'm armed, everybody already knows. As for drunken gun play, all guns were unloaded and safetied when being handled. Sorry if you felt nervous, won't happen again. Mine only came out once, and that revolver was hammer locked to be mechanically incapable of firing. I know how to be safe, dude.
I gotta side with everyone else on this one. Guns are always loaded. The only way one is clear is when it is in my hand and I look down the barrel. One it leaves my hand it is automatically "loaded" again. I think I might have had a shit fit.

Imho guns have one job, and thats to kill, they only ever need to leave their hidden spot for 2 reasons, to kill and to practice killing.

They should have stayed put away, unless the locals found out that tigger was black and not just tan, we prolly could have used some firepower then.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #75
derf
token jewboy

And an accidental discharge is just that, an accident.
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #76
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I gotta side with everyone else on this one. Guns are always loaded. The only way one is clear is when it is in my hand and I look down the barrel. One it leaves my hand it is automatically "loaded" again. I think I might have had a shit fit.

Imho guns have one job, and thats to kill, they only ever need to leave their hidden spot for 2 reasons, to kill and to practice killing.

They should have stayed put away, unless the locals found out that tigger was black and not just tan, we prolly could have used some firepower then.
exactly. and ... not every gun was unloaded when you handled it... I watched you put the clip in Jason's gun... I have no doubt it was on safe... but it was in fact, loaded.

as far as I'm concerned... guns need to stay hidden on occasions like this unless like derF said... to kill or practice killing.

Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #77
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Aw dude, I'm not picking with you. I didn't even originally bring it up. I'm just saying that I don't hang around when guns come out when people are drinking. No offense meant and I honestly hope, none taken.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:17 AM   #78
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post

Yea before I ended up in the back of a pickup on the way to the lake....

I don't think that anyone meant any harm and I really don't want to start up the gun argument again....my opinion on being heeled 24/7 is well documented.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #79
derf
token jewboy

No gun argument, but gun safety is a pet peeve of mine, I dont advertise that I carry, nor do I show it off. Any time it leaves my hands is a safety issue to me. I like guns and trust them to do their job, but people make mistakes, and when that happens people get hurt or die. The example jason posted with the 50 cal and the unknown number of fingers is a perfect example
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:21 PM   #80
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Point taken