Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-03-2009, 12:43 AM   #71
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Tigger. You're the kind of guy that runs 10 bottles of octane booster in every tank cause on the bottle it states that you'll gain 100hp.
It could be worse. It could be the energy drink.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #72
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
It could be worse. It could be the energy drink.

James

Hahaah. I wont fart with him much. He's just excited with his new toys.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:48 AM   #73
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
What a bunch of cheap bastards you all are!!!

You are dead wrong about cable quality not affecting sound reproduction. It all depends on;

What type of equipment you are using.
What your source material is.
Where you are listening.
Etc.

You show me some bullshit, home made hanger vs Monster Cable test and I'll show you a mountain of data that shows measurable differences in spl, frequency range, amp temp, etc. Whether or not the average Joe with a $199 receiver he picked up at Walmart can tell the difference while he's blaring Twisted Sister, through his Jensen speakers, back at the trailer park can tell the difference...Well, I don't know but I have done side by side comparisons between different components, speakers, and cables for 10 years when I did electronic sales and I know for a fact that there is a difference.

You all run regular gas in your bikes too, right?
I agree there is a difference in cables. There may or may not be much of a difference between the mid level cables and the high end but s cheap cable can cause all kinds of problems.

I had a guy that came into work with a problem. His system was acting up on him. After looking it over with his friend they figured out that the rca cables were coming apart. When they looked at it the thing had almost no copper in it at all. They didn't go all out but they did buy a better cable. The cables they were using were sad.

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Hahaah. I wont fart with him much. He's just excited with his new toys.
You gotta love the toys.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 12-03-2009, 01:08 AM   #74
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Watching movies, playin ps3 games, and using my PC on my TV with these with no problem.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=98308

It's great finding out a company makes other companies things. LOL
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:57 AM   #75
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Tig, if the signal is analog, then high end cables should make a difference.

If its digital, its a 1 or a 0. How can you lose that "quality"? You're either getting full signal or no signal, correct?

With my digital cable, its either perfectly clear or just not there at all.. Same kind of signal right?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:02 AM   #76
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/03/a...ter-cable-and/

http://consumerist.com/2008/03/do-co...er-cables.html

http://gizmodo.com/363154/audiophile...-a-coat-hanger

http://tech.yahoo.com/blog/patterson/13676

YMMV..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #77
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
What a bunch of cheap bastards you all are!!!

You are dead wrong about cable quality not affecting sound reproduction. It all depends on;

What type of equipment you are using.
What your source material is.
Where you are listening.
Etc.

You show me some bullshit, home made hanger vs Monster Cable test and I'll show you a mountain of data that shows measurable differences in spl, frequency range, amp temp, etc. Whether or not the average Joe with a $199 receiver he picked up at Walmart can tell the difference while he's blaring Twisted Sister, through his Jensen speakers, back at the trailer park can tell the difference...Well, I don't know but I have done side by side comparisons between different components, speakers, and cables for 10 years when I did electronic sales and I know for a fact that there is a difference.

You all run regular gas in your bikes too, right?
If you are running 25 ft +, it would be worth it to you to have a quality cable. I am not talking monster cable when I say quality, I am talking not a cheap chinese piece of shit off ebay. Monster cables are flat out rip offs. If you buy that shit about shielding, you are a dumbass and deserve to get ripped off. I have done my own tests and have used really spectrum analyzing equpiment and frequency range testing in university electronics labs. I worked at Best Buy and was taught the same stupid ass speechs they taught you. It's all horseshit buddy. A monster cable does nothing for the standard short distances they come in. At 6 ft and 10 ft, you are better off letting me kick you in the nuts and taking your $100 than buying a monster cable.

For the above paragraph, I am speaking about Analog signals for this day in age in the "digital" world, you will know immediately if you have a bad cable or not because you won't be getting a signal or a very choppy one. A monster cable will do nothing over a regular generic cable if you receive signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I agree there is a difference in cables. There may or may not be much of a difference between the mid level cables and the high end but s cheap cable can cause all kinds of problems.

I had a guy that came into work with a problem. His system was acting up on him. After looking it over with his friend they figured out that the rca cables were coming apart. When they looked at it the thing had almost no copper in it at all. They didn't go all out but they did buy a better cable. The cables they were using were sad.

James

You gotta love the toys.

James
Yep, mid range to high end are pretty much the same, the only real problem comes if you buy a piece of shit cable like your friend bought. Stay away from ebay cables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Tig, if the signal is analog, then high end cables should make a difference.

If its digital, its a 1 or a 0. How can you lose that "quality"? You're either getting full signal or no signal, correct?

With my digital cable, its either perfectly clear or just not there at all.. Same kind of signal right?
Analog there really is no difference for short range cables. Monster sells such short range cables. It's worthless to buy them. Getting a decent generic cable like Monoprice sells is fine, you won't hear/see a difference.

Tigger is good for the economy though. Stimulates the shit out of it with how much he believes he needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #78
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

fuk monster

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/
Old 12-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #79
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I sold a Monster cable to a woman that said she wouldn't buy Monster cables the other day. It turned out it was the cheapest way for her to go with what she wanted to do (ipod car charger and aux cable) and had less cables laying around. But in most cases I go with the other two brands that are half the price or less.

James
Old 12-04-2009, 12:38 AM   #80
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

WHATEVER!!! I have almost $15k in my stereo system so... Besides who else sells bi-amp style speaker wire? btw when did I ever come out for Monster? I do use the better cable but Monster is actually cheaper than what I use. In fact the only cables that I have from them is my speaker wires which were about $300. I buy quality products because they last and are backed up by the manufacturers. Oh and I use HDMI cables from Monoprice and Mediabridge... I know where to save and where to spend, imho.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote