Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #71
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

OK I will give up you guys convinced me to buy a new buell so who sell 2010 buells?
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #72
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCNICK11 View Post
OK I will give up you guys convinced me to buy a new buell so who sell 2010 buells?
LOL. Damn let it die. If someone pisses in your cornflakes you can pour another bowl.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #73
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Hey fucktard,....
e a s y there kiddo.... play nice.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:00 PM   #74
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Speed is a factor of torque rpm and gearing.
The torque turns the transmission, the transmission multiplys the torque(not the HP) at a certain RPM and this creates speed.
And? Does that mean Formula 1 guys should all of a sudden install tractor engines with a 50-speed gearbox, just because it COULD reach 250 mph? Ain't gonna happen -- such a drivetrain would weigh too much and take too much space.

And as far as drag racing? Let's take one of the most popular classes, Pro Stock......those engines are ~500 cubic in V-8's that put out around 2,000 hp and 1,500 lb-ft of torque.............hardly the "stump puller" type of ratio that you torque fans are advocating.

Look, everyone wants low-end torque.......I don't know anyone who doesn't. But there's a balance. I don't particularly like cars or bikes that start running out of steam or vibrating to death (like Ford 302's would) at only 4-5K rpm. Personal preference.

Last edited by Homeslice; 11-27-2009 at 01:15 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #75
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Answer...........Not for long!
thats kinda funny, cuz...

Pick a vintage year, any year since honda began building bikes.

I bet theres more HD's still on the road from that year than there are honda's?

My harley has yet do drip, drop, leak or burn a bit of oil. It performs flawlessly. I bought what I wanted.

You make it sound like im being forced to ride a HD. Guess what, I could have bought two of yours new for the price of one of mine. I ride what I have because I enjoy it. But that isnt what this thread is about. Its about you being wrong, and refusing to admit it.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:07 PM   #76
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
And? Does that mean Formula 1 guys should all of a sudden install tractor engines with a 50-speed gearbox, just because they COULD reach 250 mph? Ain't gonna happen.
once again, apples to oranges. Were talking about real world applications. Not multi-million dollar prototype race cars that will never see the a public road, EVER. You or I have no idea what the technology inside those cars entails. Its impossible to compare them.

Who's next? Have we got an arguement for thrust vs. hp in the house too?

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.

Last edited by Apoc; 11-27-2009 at 01:09 PM..
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #77
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
All the dealers. MAN you are bad at this..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:10 PM   #78
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

I just like poking bears with sticks! In truth I'm glad you ride and don't really care what you ride.

I only have two hondas in the garage and one is the bike my wife rides. I also have a KTM a Yamaha and a few suzukis.

I really even like the new buell and have owned a RC51 and have 2 SV650s. Really guys you should not take me so serious.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #79
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
And? Does that mean Formula 1 guys should all of a sudden install tractor engines with a 50-speed gearbox, just because they COULD reach 250 mph? Ain't gonna happen.
What is your argument? The highest strung vehicles in the world compare to our bikes and daily drivers?

If weight and rules were a non issue, I'm sure they'd throw on a turbo charged or supercharged v8, shoehorn it into a small body and call it a day.

Did you ever notice that an f1 car will barely idle? They have to blip the throttle so it doens't fall below it's tq peak and have zero acceleration..
Old 11-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #80
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
I just like poking bears with sticks! In truth I'm glad you ride and don't really care what you ride.

I only have two hondas in the garage and one is the bike my wife rides. I also have a KTM a Yamaha and a few suzukis.

I really even like the new buell and have owned a RC51 and have 2 SV650s. Really guys you should not take me so serious.

All we have to take you on ARE your words. If you write retarded things, we'll think you're retarded. if you write thought out responses, we'll think you're intelligent. It's a simple concept.