Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 09-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #71
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Just about all the teachers I know teach because they always wanted to teach and that was what they went to school for. Some shot for HS while others went on to pursue their PHd's so they can teach at the college level.
That's been my experience as well...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #72
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
For most people it is. Especially when they have $30k in student loans to pay for.
$30k aint shit... I came through with more than double that... Closer to $80k... I've made less than or right around the average for teachers up until the past couple of years, and still managed to pay it down, while saving, while buying a house, while enjoying some luxuries, etc... And they'll be paid off within the next two years... Sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do...
Old 09-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #73
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I wasn't just replying to you sugar tits, there were other comments implying that if teacher's weren't teaching they'd be out changing the world and making 3x what they currently do... I should have said, "just so you ALL know..."
I miss sugar tits. That term isn't used enough around here.

When it comes to education talk, i tend to toss out a bunch of mehs when talk with folks across the country. Mainly because
1. our teachers are paid well.
2. We have excellent public schools around here.
3. Shit like no child left behind hurts our schools

Sent from my old iTouch which is not as cool as racerx's fucking ipad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #74
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

i gots a new itouch too lol

Z actually won either an Ipad or $500 the other day from some Oncology Nurse website, she chose the $

so how much should a teacher make, granted its diff for diff parts of the country.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #75
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Just about all the teachers I know teach because they always wanted to teach and that was what they went to school for. Some shot for HS while others went on to pursue their PHd's so they can teach at the college level.
You're in an area with great schools, and a lot of money....

How about average America?

Dunno why we're talking about teacher salaries anyway, unless someone has proof that Obama's proposal is mostly about raising teacher salaries........it isn't, it's mostly about renovating schools,
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #76
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Ok, so again them not making anything is a myth... and pretty much nobody gets paid based upon their impact on people's lives and our country's future... Your argument is total bullshit.
EMTs, Police, and let's not forget the military get paid jack shit and actually save lives. Infact, let's focus on the military which was brought up earlier.

I don't think a General even makes much more than $150k. Those fuckers have all kinds of responsibility that teachers could never imagine or fathom (when they fail, we literally die). The grunt getting shot at in the middle of some god forsaken country makes less than $20,000. Even a high ranking officer (with a Masters+) doesn't make much more than $55,000 a year.

I doubt anybody in their right mind would say that a teacher has it harder than anyone in the US Military. I'm tired of this "teachers have it tough" bullshit. How about they start improving the education of children and then we'll talk pay raises.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #77
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
I miss sugar tits. That term isn't used enough around here.

When it comes to education talk, i tend to toss out a bunch of mehs when talk with folks across the country. Mainly because
1. our teachers are paid well.
2. We have excellent public schools around here.
3. Shit like no child left behind hurts our schools

Sent from my old iTouch which is not as cool as racerx's fucking ipad
So we are in agreement. Sugar tits it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
i gots a new itouch too lol

Z actually won either an Ipad or $500 the other day from some Oncology Nurse website, she chose the $

so how much should a teacher make, granted its diff for diff parts of the country.
I think they are paid right... maybe even a bit high... I say that considering the number of open positions when compared to the number of applicants who submit resumes...
Old 09-11-2011, 11:08 PM   #78
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
EMTs, Police, and let's not forget the military get paid jack shit and actually save lives. Infact, let's focus on the military which was brought up earlier.
Huh?
Cops round here pull in 6 figures after 5 years.
Unlike cops and military, everyone else has to work more than 20 years to get a lifetime worth of benefits. My gym is filled with "retirees" in their early to mid 40's.

Quote:
How about they start improving the education of children and then we'll talk pay raises.
How about improving the quality of children? You can't take Chinese engineered and Chinese manufactured car parts and mold it into a Lexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #79
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
....How about improving the quality of children? You can't take Chinese engineered and Chinese manufactured car parts and mold it into a Lexus
Don't knock the Chinese....we have African and Mexican manufactured car parts, not Chinese.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:51 AM   #80
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
I don't think a General even makes much more than $150k. Those fuckers have all kinds of responsibility that teachers could never imagine or fathom (when they fail, we literally die). The grunt getting shot at in the middle of some god forsaken country makes less than $20,000. Even a high ranking officer (with a Masters+) doesn't make much more than $55,000 a year.
Plus housing allowances, medical care, re-enlistment bonuses, combat pay, special bonuses for certain MOS's, yada yada.......

One only needs to look at some of the cars owned by "lowly" E3's & E4's.....

Last edited by Homeslice; 09-12-2011 at 01:02 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote