WTF is a garage 6 15.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #71
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
i have a 3 1/2 car garage but it is full with old cars, bike, atv, and boat. my driver cars sit outside.
how do you have a 1/2 a car garage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:02 PM   #72
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The 1/2 garage part is set back a little more....not quite big enough for a car. It's big in florida where they build mostly on slabs and never have a basement for "crap"

Old 04-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #73
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Here they just add a stall that is half as wide and there is no door on it so it just extra storage space.

Like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 748666.JPG (13.9 KB, 46 views)
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #74
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Here they just add a stall that is half as wide and there is no door on it so it just extra storage space.

Like this:
That's just a work area in a 2 car garage, the explanation above yours make sense though.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #75
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
The 1/2 garage part is set back a little more....not quite big enough for a car. It's big in florida where they build mostly on slabs and never have a basement for "crap"

I have lived in FL my whole life and the only time I have seen a garage like that was in a golfing community (golf car garage).

The standard 2cg dimensions are 24' x 24'.

If you have a 24 x 30, it may be referred to as a 2 1/2 car since it is not big enough to be a three car.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #76
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
If you have a 24 x 30, it may be referred to as a 2 1/2 car since it is not big enough to be a three car.
We have the extra space on the side of the garage here, I always seen it marked up as workspace/workshop of drawings though and when it's deeper I seen it marked as oversize. Never as a 1/2 a car. Doesn't matter though, just semantics.
Quote:

Last edited by Trip; 04-27-2009 at 02:15 PM..
Old 04-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #77
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
We have the extra space on the side of the garage here, I always seen it marked up as workspace/workshop of drawings though and when it's deeper I seen it marked as oversize. Never as a 1/2 a car. Doesn't matter though, just semantics.
In places where I live, a 2 1/2 is necessary if you keep both cars in the garage because they don't allow sheds here unless you put siding on them to match the house.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #78
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
In places where I live, a 2 1/2 is necessary if you keep both cars in the garage because they don't allow sheds here unless you put siding on them to match the house.
That's standard in HOA communities, they all put that in the rules. Storage sheds built with the same materials as the house.
Quote:
Old 04-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #79
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
That's standard in HOA communities, they all put that in the rules. Storage sheds built with the same materials as the house.
It's that way in mine too. I like that one - there are some NASTY sheds out there.. I can't remember many other rules - you can't have a vegetable garden in your front yard (duh) is one I remember. No farm animals either.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:30 PM   #80
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

We have a one car garage, currently full of boxes and my motorcycle gear. Usually full of my bike, the loaner bike, the 4 wheeler, and all my boxes! If it wasnt full of boxes, I am sure I could get the car into it, but the hubby drives a lifted F250 diesel long bed that would never fit.

We live in a townhome S/d with a POS HOA. You pay the dues, you get threatening letters and "x"'s spraypainted on your driveway, no road care, no lawn care, nothing. You dont pay the dues, they dont say anything, and they still dont do anything. Its not gated, and its mostly vacant as they finished building right as the housing market here plummeted, but they are a good example of a piss poor HOA.

Im very familiar with the ones who have all the stupid rules, and tell you what you can and cant do. In this area, those fancy ones charge several hundred a MONTH, not a year, and they can be nazi's. But if your on the board or buddy buddy with someone, nothing is said to you. Those places are very clear in the paperwork you sign tho, so it is a choice and its not a surprise.

Im with Trip tho, Id far rather be away from people, where I can do what I want and live how I want, without concern of "offending" those around me. I think I have class, and if I want to park in my street or driveway, or paint my shutters, no one is going to tell me otherwise.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote