Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
this game kicks much ass!

my issues are only :
1) splash damage is weak sauce
2) the Immobile AA, starts with no missiles... ok... but the guns are basically useless unless they fly over you (really close). basically making it impossible to get xp.. sorta like
#3) the jets make you start with nothing but guns, but you can basically only use it for air to air...
man, you should try the Jets with a proper flight stick setup. Fucking amazing. Turns jets from being 'fun to fly' into being a machine of complete destruction.

I agree on splash damage. When I hit the wall next to you with an RPG, you should die. But thats something Dice is probably looking into.

The Immobile AA at home base is just there new protect respawns from being razed by jets and choppers. It rarely comes into play because it was designed for that one purpose.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.

Last edited by Apoc; 11-01-2011 at 11:01 AM..
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #72
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
man, you should try the Jets with a proper flight stick setup. Fucking amazing. Turns jets from being 'fun to fly' into being a machine of complete destruction.

I agree on splash damage. When I hit the wall next to you with an RPG, you should die. But thats something Dice is probably looking into.

The Immobile AA at home base is just there new protect respawns from being razed by jets and choppers. It rarely comes into play because it was designed for that one purpose.
yea i had a stick on my pc, just from the BF2 days. but i can fly it with no real problem on xb, just sucks it doesnt come with bombs like the old days.

as for the AA, it should either be automatic protection, or just start off fully upgraded. doesnt make sense that there is XP for it.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #73
Apoc

Quote:
yea i had a stick on my pc, just from the BF2 days. but i can fly it with no real problem on xb, just sucks it doesnt come with bombs like the old days.

as for the AA, it should either be automatic protection, or just start off fully upgraded. doesnt make sense that there is XP for it.
I dont disagree with your opinions on the AA. But give time for Dice to work out everything and analyze data to make changes. Much like BFBC2, they will always be making changes and adjusting things to better balance the game. Its only been out a week.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #74
AquaPython
put it THIS way

ah, see i never played BC2, i just remember BF2, and i dont recall anything ever changing except for punkbuster updates.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #75
Apoc

Quote:
ah, see i never played BC2, i just remember BF2, and i dont recall anything ever changing except for punkbuster updates.

Oh ya, BC2 was a great game at launch, but its far, far better now than it was then. BF3 will be no different.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #76
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGbo5...eature=feedlik
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #77
Apoc

The coolest 'stunt' in a video game I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_JIK...yer_embedded#!

Old 11-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #78
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

That nigga craaaaazy.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #79
AquaPython
put it THIS way

ha thats tight
Old 11-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #80
Apoc

I can officially say that BF3 is the best game I have ever played. I love it. Thats not hating on MW3, I know ill enjoy it, getting lots of kills, and pissing people off with killstreaks (which are the one thing I hate about CoD, its ridiculous kill streak weapons). But this game is something else. They took everything that is good about the whole FPS genre, and carefully put it into one game, fine tuning and tweaking.

But, after playing it on PS3 at my uncles, I can honestly say its not the same experience. 24 players is ok, but you guys should see the carnage and hell that goes on in a 64 man Seine Crossing or Canals, or the metro. Just stunning. Maps are a lot smaller on console as well. The game just doesnt feel as big or epic.