Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #61
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
Your right, 120 max at 360.

And while I'm fine about the 130 being a lot for 600 streetbikes, I'd like to see some dyno numbers of the factory prepared 600's. It could be that's where the 120 came from (120x3=360), But I think I recall reading 130 numbers somewhere.

Point being DMG is not ganging up on the 600's and conspiring to make Buells win.

See I don't believe that DMG is "ganging up on the 600s" but I DO believe that the rules were specifically written to allow Buell to race that bike in this class. PERIOD.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #62
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
See I don't believe that DMG is "ganging up on the 600s" but I DO believe that the rules were specifically written to allow Buell to race that bike in this class. PERIOD.
What's wrong with that?

One of the things DMG did was to consolidate a number of classes together, trying to make the classes they kept revelevent. I also know they're trying to increase the attendence at the Daytona 200, and they did want to tap in to the Harley crowd that's there by giving them some reason to show up, but as long as they're being fair, we shouldn't be getting our panties all wound up.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #63
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
What's wrong with that?

One of the things DMG did was to consolidate a number of classes together, trying to make the classes they kept revelevent. I also know they're trying to increase the attendence at the Daytona 200, and they did want to tap in to the Harley crowd that's there by giving them some reason to show up, but as long as they're being fair, we shouldn't be getting our panties all wound up.
I've said it before and I'll say it again- if DMG wanted to race the Buell to bring HD fans in, that's cool. All they had to do was put it where it belongs- in Superbike.

If I was Erik, and they approached me wanting to have my 1125cc bike race against a bunch of 600s, I'd honestly be insulted.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #64
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
What's wrong with that?

Tigger gets his panties wadded up over absolutely everything. In fact, he is a panty wad.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #65
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I say let's let ducati bring the 1098 and add it to the mix. Buell would still have a cc advantage and no wins.
Not that it matters much but the 1098r is 1198 ccs
Old 06-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #66
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again- if DMG wanted to race the Buell to bring HD fans in, that's cool. All they had to do was put it where it belongs- in Superbike.

If I was Erik, and they approached me wanting to have my 1125cc bike race against a bunch of 600s, I'd honestly be insulted.
Considering where they seem to be finishing, he should consider it a compliment.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #67
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Considering where they seem to be finishing, he should consider it a compliment.
Haha! Yea I said that too! They're getting their asses kicked now. So basically a liter class Aprillia, an 1125cc Buell and an 849cc Ducati can't hang with the 600cc Jap bikes.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #68
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
So basically a liter class Aprillia, an 1125cc Buell and an 849cc Ducati can't hang with the 600cc Jap bikes.
So a twin designed in 2000-2001, a 1125 that was designed as a street engine, and an italian 858 twin have a fight against 600 I4's have get revised every few years and are raced by the factory?

Would you like me to explain (again) why twins don't make as much power as I4's of the same size and never will?
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #69
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
So a twin designed in 2000-2001, a 1125 that was designed as a street engine, and an italian 858 twin have a fight against 600 I4's have get revised every few years and are raced by the factory?

Would you like me to explain (again) why twins don't make as much power as I4's of the same size and never will?
Go right ahead, as long as you don't discount the usefulness of torque on corner exits.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:17 PM   #70
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Well then maybe they shouldn't race instead of expecting the sanctioning body to make special rules for them. Listen to you make excuses for them. This would be like breaking all the other runner's legs so cripples could be competitive in the Boston marathon. This is forcing coaches to take slow,fat kids that can't hit on the baseball team. This is forcing Toyota to put what is basically a Chevy motor in their cars to be allowed to compete in NASCAR because their engines were too light and made too much power. Everyone should get a chance to play... no they shouldn't.

Why not have Buell and everyone else actually produce a bike that is competitive. Just because your company is too fucking stupid or mired in tradition to make a modern motorcycle engine... but see here's where the V-Twin faithful lavish praise on their superior design and exceptional power delivery. You can't have it both ways. Either your bikes/engines suck and require concessions to be able to compete or they are outstanding examples of engineering and motorcycle excellence that should be able to compete on their own merit. You know when Honda had that 250cc advantage in AMA Superbike it was pathetic BUT at least it wasn't an almost DOUBLE displacement advantage! Yeesh!