Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-09-2009, 01:11 AM   #61
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

naw... I don't like alot of pop... really I don't like most Top40 just cause it all seems to lack substance. not that I'm asking for my music to pull at my heart or change my life... but something more than "Oh hot damn this is my jam" repeated 50 times please...

I have a very random taste for music... and what I listen to changes about every month or so... I love finding new music though... kinda odd but it's one of my favorite things... finding a new group or singer that I really like....
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:29 AM   #62
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
naw... I don't like alot of pop... really I don't like most Top40 just cause it all seems to lack substance. not that I'm asking for my music to pull at my heart or change my life... but something more than "Oh hot damn this is my jam" repeated 50 times please...

I have a very random taste for music... and what I listen to changes about every month or so... I love finding new music though... kinda odd but it's one of my favorite things... finding a new group or singer that I really like....
I like a lot of old music. I don't think I have anything on my MP3 player that has been made in the last couple of years. If I do I would guess it would be less then 25 out of just under 900 songs. Not that I don't like it I just don't have any on yet.

I love XM for finding music I like that isn't on the radio. I pick the stations that I like and flip the station if I don't like the song. I need to pay to get that I'm starting to miss it.

I listen to different things at times but I like the same type for the most part. I really fucked my family up when I started listening to Avenged Sevenfold because I listen to a lot of Hip Hop and R&B. I started listening to more music with a lot of guitar since buying one last year and trying to learn. Some of it I listened to before but not the same some 40 times a day. :LOL:

On my mp3 player I have

Reggae
Rock
R&B
Hip Hop
Motown
Blues

I'm really into sexy R&B get naked with your woman (and maybe her friend too) ghetto love songs.

Mine and my wifes song is Knockin' Boots by H-Town. We danced to it at a house party. It was our first dance together. lol My cousin was at the party and asked this girl to dance. I was getting dirty on the dance floor and he started copying me so I got real dirty. lol

I'm a big fan of Jodeci.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:43 AM   #63
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

I've found A LOT of music by TV Show Soundtracks... Long Way Down and Long Way Round (awesome shows) soundtracks are awesome... lots of world music. House M.D. soundtrack season1-5 is good too. lots of crap but lots of good artests.

yeah I like the old school R&B too... but dont' listen to it often...

My iTunes has... well actually my iTunes has shit in it... cause I wiped out my library accidentaly when I restored my PC... but I had 100gig of fuck'n RANDOM music... Garth Brooks to Sanatra to Tupac to Beethoven to The Statler Brothers to Metalica to Bing Crosby.

I really dig blues and jazz lately... John Mayers last couple cd's I enjoy a lot... his first one or two were too popish for me...
Old 02-09-2009, 01:57 AM   #64
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I've found A LOT of music by TV Show Soundtracks... Long Way Down and Long Way Round (awesome shows) soundtracks are awesome... lots of world music. House M.D. soundtrack season1-5 is good too. lots of crap but lots of good artests.

yeah I like the old school R&B too... but dont' listen to it often...

My iTunes has... well actually my iTunes has shit in it... cause I wiped out my library accidentaly when I restored my PC... but I had 100gig of fuck'n RANDOM music... Garth Brooks to Sanatra to Tupac to Beethoven to The Statler Brothers to Metalica to Bing Crosby.

I really dig blues and jazz lately... John Mayers last couple cd's I enjoy a lot... his first one or two were too popish for me...
Damn your music taste are crazier then mine.

For blues I haven't been listening to too too much. I need to find more I like. I'm listening to SRV, B.B King, John Lee Hooker, Eric Claptons blues songs (I'm not a fan of his regular stuff). There some more that I can't think of right now.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 02-09-2009, 02:14 AM   #65
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

yeah even my music taste has ADD

I'll have to start a thread one of these days to get people to post some of their favorite songs/artists that day. cause I know mine change day to day...

today it's a country radio station... as I have no music of my own...
Old 02-09-2009, 02:20 AM   #66
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
yeah even my music taste has ADD

I'll have to start a thread one of these days to get people to post some of their favorite songs/artists that day. cause I know mine change day to day...

today it's a country radio station... as I have no music of my own...
:LOL:

Mom used to play George Jones to wake me up on the weekend. You would crank it up on my stereo which was in the living room. I would go out cursing and turn it off. By the time I got back to bed I would hear "Her name is.." I would go nuts. I'm not a fan.

But while driving through Michingan at night, alone in a rental car with no cds with me, the Hip Hop and R&B stations when out of ranges. I was pissed. Spent a few minutes looking for something else only to end up with some convoy music while driving behind three tractor trailers driving my rented Sebring. I was laughing my ass off. :LOL:

James
Old 02-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #67
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Etta James is a singer. Beyonce is an entertainer.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #68
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Etta James is a singer. Beyonce is an entertainer.
I think that pretty much sums it up right there. Most music "artists" today are "performers" as most people lack the appreciation of true vocal art and dont know it when they hear it. Same for instrumental.

Remember the clip of the world famous violinist? Same principle. If he'd been jumping up and down, jiggling, etc, he'd have proven "entertaining" or at least different enough for people to take notice. Instead, he was playing a multimillion dollar instrument and some of the most beautiful and challenging pieces in the world, and pretty much no one took note.

Etta James can be be credited by many as making "At Last" a known piece, more mainstream than previous artists. Therefore, she does have some feelings of ownership, and to not even be consulted as courtesy by someone she likely sees as a teeny bopper, I can see her frustration. Beyonce lacked professional courtesy in the very least, one singer to another.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #69
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I think that pretty much sums it up right there. Most music "artists" today are "performers" as most people lack the appreciation of true vocal art and dont know it when they hear it. Same for instrumental.

Remember the clip of the world famous violinist? Same principle. If he'd been jumping up and down, jiggling, etc, he'd have proven "entertaining" or at least different enough for people to take notice. Instead, he was playing a multimillion dollar instrument and some of the most beautiful and challenging pieces in the world, and pretty much no one took note.

Etta James can be be credited by many as making "At Last" a known piece, more mainstream than previous artists. Therefore, she does have some feelings of ownership, and to not even be consulted as courtesy by someone she likely sees as a teeny bopper, I can see her frustration. Beyonce lacked professional courtesy in the very least, one singer to another.
I think that's what residuals are for.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #70
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Im not talking about money. Im talking about professional courtesy, something little known today obviously.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote